SRS 99-S5 template

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyKell

Hey everyone! So I am doing a sniper build for my Spartan and I was having troubles finding a template for the SRS 99-S5 so I decided to make my own! I used a program called Inkscape and scaled it to my size. I am 5'4 (roughly 5'5) and made the template so that it will come up to my shoulders. I decided I would post the template on here for others to use just in case. I know it isn't perfect and that it is missing a few details, but I just wanted to highlight the main details and lines of the gun and then use several reference photos for the finer details of the weapon. Hope you guys enjoy!
Also this was my first time ever using this software so some areas are a little rough haha >.<

Shown here is the exported image and then attached is the actual PDF

Srs99-s5.png

Attachments

• Srs99-s5.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 236
The outline I think is on point!! Best of luck with your build))
What material are you gonna use for SRS?
So I am thinking of using PVC for the barrel and doing 4 layers of 5-6mm EVA foam with some wooden dowels on the inside for boning and structure along with a slightly smaller PVC pipe for the barrel to lock into with magnets. Then I haven't quite thought of how I am building the scopes or magazine. I am going to make both detachable as well though. I am thinking more magnets or a slide lock for the scope. As for the tripod not really sure either; I am thinking of making it so it can move up and down to also allow for easy packing.
If you have any suggestions please do share!

Ya might want to take a look at this......HERE. I'm going this route as well but I would love to see your build as well.
Yeah I saw that post, but I want to try my way and use that as a reference for if I get stuck. I want to learn and grow and see what techniques work best or if there is a better way to do things. I am weird and like to figure things out myself first and get help if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back