Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the demo, but not the Targetting system with the RT button. Just never taking what I wanted.

Well, rental for me.

The demo was awesome and it definitely makes me wanting more. Don't know what's so bad about the targeting though; I didn't have much of a problem with it.

I R GETTIN TIS. GAM3 R AWSOME, I WNT.

It seems fun, I have played the demo many times and I find new things every time, like extending the Beam to destroy a TIE Fighter. It hope its long and not lacking, It looks like it might have a bit of RPG in it.

Spartan 061 said:
I didnt even know he was in Soul Calibur 4!
Seriously, he is skinny as heck in the demo, while in sc4, he is a bit more buff. The only thing crap I thought was you cant aim the force impact charges, once you press it, it shoots in the direction you originally aimed in, and you could run around just zapping everything and one with lightening.

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
Seriously, he is skinny as heck in the demo, while in sc4, he is a bit more buff. The only thing crap I thought was you cant aim the force impact charges, once you press it, it shoots in the direction you originally aimed in, and you could run around just zapping everything and one with lightening.

Maybe he's a skinny little guy right now in the beginning, but Vader said he just finidhed his training. I bet that as you progress through the game and get more powerful, he gets more built out.

I like how they have the God of War-style button mashing sequences. And the action sequence was awesome!

All I can say is, wow! This game is going to be amazing. Using the force is awesome! And throwing stormtroopers and rebels around like rag dolls never gets old. One thing that caught my attention in the demo is that if you lift someone up and start flinging them around, they will do whatever they can to stay live. Hold onto boxes, walls, etc. Lol. A funny thing I noticed is that if you drag them torward another person, they will grab onto that person grasping for life. In the demo I got a chain of 3 people holding on to each other in the air, only to be dropped into the abyss in the hangar bay. Man, I cannot wait for this game to come out! :D

Just finished this up last night after working 16 hours straight. It is Starkiller's Cobbled together lightsaber from Unleashed.
Made form aircraft grade aluminum. I bled working on this puppy!

saber6.jpg

saber3-1.jpg

Force Unleashed is on my list of wanted games

1. Fable II
2. Spore
3. Force Unleashed
4. Metal Gear Solid 4
5. Soul Caliber 4
6. Guitar Hero 4
7. Mirrors Edge
8. Halo Wars
9. Rock Band 2
10. ---

thats my list

Force unleashed is #3

That light saber looks like the front half is a cut up graflex flash handle like anakin's saber is made from.

AoBfrost said:
That light saber looks like the front half is a cut up graflex flash handle like anakin's saber is made from.
Yep,Thats what the game designers had in mind. They wanted it cobbled together. I didnt use a graflex though i made mine from scratch.

I looked at his light saber from soul calibur 4, looks much different than what is in the real force unleashed game. His in sc4 looks like a bunch of wires and metal smashed together.

What type of blad are you using in the saber? Strong enough for play? Or just for looks

AoBfrost said:
I looked at his light saber from soul calibur 4, looks much different than what is in the real force unleashed game. His in sc4 looks like a bunch of wires and metal smashed together.

What type of blad are you using in the saber? Strong enough for play? Or just for looks
Oh ya You fight with it.

I got back from the midnight launch about an hour ago... I was there for seven hours... I was first. lol

I got an action figure that they are not selling, only people who went to the midnight launch get them. :)

Anyway, I'm tired I'll play it in the morning. Anyone else decide to camp out?

I suppose I did shouldn't complain about the time I spent there, because I did get to play the game the whole time. ;p

The Wii version aka how my childhood dreams became a random cluster of clunky controls, horrible camera work and crappy graphics. Just got back and played the first couple levels, wow, what a mess the Wii version is. I can excuse the crappy graphics due to the system, but the controls both character and camera are unacceptable. I spent half my time with the camera jammed into a wall, attempting to block tons of incoming shots and wookie blades only to be found attempting to straighten out my perspective which resulted in me getting my tail getting kick viciously as I blocked 3 to 4 hits, swung once and just ended up using my not aimable force powers and one shotting them. Also the supposed 2 players supported on the back is just duel mode, not co-op. I have no idea WTF console gamers are thinking, but co-op is a very important part of a game and does decide whether I buy it or not. I bought the limited edition Wii lightsabers dual pack and everything. Epic fail, I'm taking it back. 3/10

Cheers,
Kensai

bleedoff said:
i play it 1 hour before going to work and its very great , i like how powerfull the force attack are sometime :p
Absolutely! The force powers are insane! I'm not too far in, I just finished fighting the second 'actual' boss.

Also, this is OT, but anyhu: I picked up an 12 month xbl card, too.

GT: Smruff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back