start making your suit under £40

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpboy

ok i been looking around and there not that many poeple who say where u can get stuff in the UK so here is the base thing u will need onces u done the paper bit:-

from halfords:-

face mask : £2.19
Fastglass Glass Fibre Kit (SNR) : £11.99 (come with pot a and gloves and more)
wet and dry sand paper : £2.49
U-POL Easy Lite Body Filler 750ml : £9.49
and 2 spray can will be a about : £10
o and a paint brush about £1
--------
£37.16
--------
and went u need u can just buy refills
SO THERE WE HAVE ALL U NEED FOR U FIRST ARMOUR BIT WITH OUT BREAKING THE BANK.:cool

my frist post so go easy one me ? :()

I wouldnd go with a 2 pound face mask, you need a full out respirator with canisters just the face mask could damage your lungs. Make sure it says it can take fumes when you buy this stuff.

o
face mask : £2.19
Fastglass Glass Fibre Kit (SNR) : £11.99 (come with pot a and gloves and more)
wet and dry sand paper : £2.49
U-POL Easy Lite Body Filler 750ml : £9.49
and 2 spray can will be a about : £10
o and a paint brush about £1

Make sure the contents of that fibreglass kit make sense and suit your preferences. Also, you either need Acetone to clean that one paint brush or a lot more than one of them. Same thing goes for the mixing pot from the kit: it's probably got a scale, so you can't just let the remains of your material cure inside, that will make the scale inaccurate and thus useless over time.

And what Rhinoc said about the mask is right as well.

I picked up one of those Fast Glass kits a while back from my local halfords and it only has a 250ml (8.4 fl/oz) can of resin and the measuring cup is tiny.
I've found 1kg cans with hardener for around £10 on ebay which look to be a better buy.
From memory the mating in the kit is quite small too, maybe 1m square. which I wouldn't say is enough to much more than a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back