Starting as ODST (UPDATED 21 Sept 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaymSior

Hey all, I wanted to say Hello and thanks for all the help I've already found on this forum. The amount of tips, advise, and a small bit of loathing :lol: has been quite helpful, to the point that I hadn't joined prior to now. But now I'm using this new-found knowledge to create my own ODST armour. Anyway, thanks for all the help you've got listed here. Hopefully the rest of the process will be relatively smooth. I'll let ya know if I have any questions. Just one right now: Black and grey fatigues? Any idea where to pick 'em up? Or should I just keep searching?

UPDATE - 19 Sept 07
Stayed up till 3am last night on the helm, was very distracted by Firefly DVDs, but finally managed to get something accomplished. Pics attached.

darthmaddy said:
BDU.com subdued urban camo is what I use
Can't seem to get the order to go through. Trying to get a SL pant and ML jacket. Ah well, I'll keep tryin. Unless some other alternatives show up. Nevermind, I got some digi-cam at LA Police Gear's website. Should be pretty nice :D

Question! Do I cut off the neck and resize the hole before resin, before fiberglass, or after that?

Updated first post with pics of what I got so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes... If you can't fit you head in the neck... Of coarse... But you could wait just in case because it might make it keep the shape of you helmet if you keep it all together for the first couple resinings...

Macattack64 said:
Yes... If you can't fit you head in the neck... Of coarse... But you could wait just in case because it might make it keep the shape of you helmet if you keep it all together for the first couple resinings...
That's what I was thinking, but wanted a second opinion. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished folding up the chest. Blasted work schedule and car purchasing got in the way of pepakura time. I left the pockets open to allow fabric pockets to be installed underneath for storage as well as the 6 I intend to have on the belt.

Still waiting on the camo, the pieces I ordered were out of stock (why they didn't say till after is beyond me), but this is just not shaping out to be a release suit afterall. Ah well, I had expected that. Still, was fun trying. The build must continue! OH! The visor came in. Happy about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back