Starting my first ever Papakura (fotus), any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpathonRunner

I already have the pages printed out and the pieces cut. I'm doing the halo 4 Fotus helmet.
Just wondering if there are any protips?

Anything is appreciated :D

Prefold the lines, use a nice craft glue, and take your time. Patience is a virtue. Start at the top and work your way to the bottom, that has worked well for a lot of builders. Good luck

You are your own worst critic. What you think is terrible......others might find great. Don't be surprised or upset if the pieces don't quite meet...... or the angles off.....or what happens sometimes, it doesn't fit. That just means you got in some good practice for you next piece. Before folding, make sure to score the lines. There area several ways to do this. For some, they use different colored pens to indicate mountain or valley. Others use the back of their X-acto blades. However you do it.....make sure to do it straight. A ruler can help. Not a plastic or wood one. A metal one. This way you not only get the most accurate line when cutting, you don't have to worry about cutting you ruler to shreds w/ the blade. This is useful when using a blade rather than scissors to cut out you're templates.

Thanks for the tips! I used an X-acto to cut out the shapes, and I'm folding and gluing at the same time. I'm getting close to finishing the paper model.

Here's what I have so far:
7vwkiG3.jpg
FullSizeRender-4.jpg
How's it looking?

Also how do I get rid of the thumbnails below?

Attachments

• IMG_5470.JPG
    IMG_5470.JPG
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5470.jpg
    IMG_5470.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back