Starting My First Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike52

Ok so ive started my first helmet. I decided to make the rookie ODST helmet and ive printed them and started cutting them and ill glue them probably tommorow. Anyone have any tips? my main is concern is that i wont know were to start glueing

I recommend glueing two main sections and attaching them together. Also remember, pics or it didn't happen. Also, the Rookie helm is pretty difficult, I'd go with something easier first.

Um. Did your files have numbers on the edges? Print those on your pep pieces because they make life easier.

ok so u wanna be an ODST huh?

lol good,cant wait to see this get started,my advice is to take ur time,as for where to start glueing,i started at the visor and worked to the top of the head and then did the jaw as a separate piece and glued them together

good luck

I just started on the same project. I started at the top and worked down, it seemed to work pretty good. They guys are right, take your time, it took me two afternoons to do it. Best of luck.

Good luck on the rookie helmet, it's a doozie. Personally, I recommend starting at the front, just above the visor. Work your way from front to back, so that any warping and things that don't line up are more likely to be in the back. I built that one myself, hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back