Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg i have read al the post in this topic. and the more pic i see you put up the more impressed i am by your work. the build looks like a pain in the ass but, my god when it's finshed it wil truly be a EPIC build. good luck and i hope to see more pics soon.

greetings  

a novice builder

Ironman4366 - I haven't really put any thought to how much its going to cost me. I have set aside $500.00 dollars and so far im only down to #430.00...so i still have a good bit left to get me through this.

Sub2zero - yeah, its a pain, but the worst parts are the stabilizers, torso, and hands. Other than that all the other pieces are relatively easy. So i should be able to fly through this once those pain in the ass pieces are done...Thanks for the thumbs up!!

Mks81 - Thanks man!

Update - Well as i said, staying up until three in the morning worked, and now the other side for the flight stabilizers is done. As well as a pic below of how it looks underneath right now. Once the pieces have resin, bondo, fiberglass, paint etc. on them, only the main center flap and the lower two will open. Like in the picture below. Hope you enjoy!!!

10n6bdx.jpg

2irt1jr.jpg

2ut5n4g.jpg

2e4dehi.jpg

SupermanExtreme1 said:
so cool working flaps!

Well not just yet. But i have electronics set aside for when i do get to the electronics part that will make them move mechanically. But not just the flight stabilizers. I was also thinking of making the leg openings work too..but still fiddling around with that one. Glad you like it Superman. Hope yours is coming along as well!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The flight stabalisers look AMAZING.

if you pull the working mechanics out i wouldnt be

suprised if marvel offer you a job.:lol

ironman4366 said:
The flight stabalisers look AMAZING.

if you pull the working mechanics out i wouldnt be

suprised if marvel offer you a job.:lol

haha..thanks man. Im trying to get this thing as realistic as possible. Ive even considered using a type of purge kit for cars and using a type of red smoke to come out of the boots or hands to simulate lift off..haha..just some craazy ideas goin through my head. Also, i've been doing some work on designing my own undersuit, which will not really be movie accurate, but a crazy detailed version of myself that im hoping you guys will like. Sketches of those and some previews will come out when i get to the underarmor stage (after the suit is done).

So far the moving parts (automatic and mechanical) will be the flight stabilizers, the lower legs (maybe), the helmet (definitely) and jaw (think i already mentioned that)...and im still pondering my missile launcher design.........

Just a heads up if you are making the jaw move.

either scale the helmet with a bit of extra space or find the flatest hinge you can

Otherwise it hurts youre cheeks every time you put it on

Thats the problam i ran into recently with my helmet.

Way ahead of you buddy. I also came up with a way to open and close the jaw when the helmet faceplate opens and closes. Its a way that saves space too, so it wont be a problem.

Tool said:
I honestly think origami experts all over the world will have their jaws drop over this once the pep is finished.

Perhaps not, since origami is limited to using no tape or staples or glue or anything of that sort, but you might find a few converts.

Because this is just freaking amazing. You had better get this done in time for Iron Man 2, it'll be epic. Pepping's a pain in the ass, though.. lol keep it up, I'm watching this topic

Update - The suit now has more accurate shoulder bells. And with that, im finally done with the upper torso section. My printer is now spitting out three more pages for the spine, and then the stomach. As always, ill keep you posted with pix.

311qsfq.jpg

Update - TA DA. i finally have my dummy almost done. I just need to buy a few pieces for the stand on the bottom (hence the blue tape keeping it from falling over at the moment), but other than that..wow.. I owe you one Bamabat.. GREAT IDEA with the duct tape dummy. If anyone needs something to put their armor on. I definitely recommend this technique. Oh yeah, the biceps are done too...

z2wbo.jpg

2meqxdj.jpg

286k5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back