Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...after reading all 26 pages, I am really impressed! I can't wait for the finished product! I also am going to try to create my own Ironman helmet, if not the whole suit. This is really inspiration for someone who's just starting out, like me...

Good luck to all of you and hope you all have fun at the same time!

p.s. after gluing a helmet together using the PEP files, how durable is the piece before 'glassing and such? I've never actually seen 110lb cardstock so I don't know how flimsy/durable it would be. Remember, I'm just starting out so I'm far from NOOB status still.... :p

kls023 said:
Wow...after reading all 26 pages, I am really impressed! I can't wait for the finished product! I also am going to try to create my own Ironman helmet, if not the whole suit. This is really inspiration for someone who's just starting out, like me...

Good luck to all of you and hope you all have fun at the same time!

p.s. after gluing a helmet together using the PEP files, how durable is the piece before 'glassing and such? I've never actually seen 110lb cardstock so I don't know how flimsy/durable it would be. Remember, I'm just starting out so I'm far from NOOB status still.... :p

you'll be surprised at how sturdy cardstock paper that has been folded and super-glued can be. I found 110lb paper at office depot for CHEAP!!

If there is any useful info I have gained through experience, it's make sure your cuts are accurate, consistent, and careful. Also make sure your folds are nice and strait (I score them with the exact o knife (careful not to cut all the way through) before I fold and glue.)

oh and make sure your hands stay dry and not sweaty while folding or gluing, it makes for a more sturdy model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone - update as well. all i have left to do is one leg and one arm. I know pics or it didn happen, but please bear with me. (im hoping theres one under the christmas tree since best buy wants to charge me out of house and home in order to fix my old one). I havent been on in a bit because of all the gluing. The end of december is coming up fast and i intend on having my suit pepped by then. Wish me luck!

also - thank you everyone for your praises on these projects. I know the Clarx Industries team has made some great strides as far as their own costumes go, and i hope to see even more progress. So congratulations guys on your progress and i hope to catch up with you guys real soon!!

Superman- amazing progress there. I love how your build is coming along, It makes me want to finish mine even more.

Juice - Im very glad you are putting together the war machine armor from the new movie, ill hopefully have something to show off made from the starx industries team really soon. Good work so far!

I also just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays (and merry christmas. didn want to offend anyone.) I will be back on here and there to check up on the thread and hopefully very soon update with some much needed pictures of my progress. For those of you sending me pm's i will try to get to you as soon as i can, i appologize for the delays.

Again, Happy Holidays everyone and amazing progress on your builds!!

Lol Really hope you do have a camera under the tree there, Starx. I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress you've made.

And to everyone else (supermanextreme1, juice, etc.) awesome work! :)

...Wow!! I just went through almost every single page looking at comments and pictures and I'm just speechless! It almost makes me wanna do an Ironman suit. ;) Anyhow, best of luck to Starx and everyone else doing their builds!

Happy holidays!

Superman- Nice stuff. I can't wait to see it all painted and done.

Juice- I'll get with you about your PM after the holidays. But so far it looks great, what program are you using?

Starx- A little birdie told me Santa was bringing me a printer, so hopefully you will get a camera and we will all be in business.

Everyone- Please have a happy and safe holiday, and if it can't be happy, at least be safe. Want to thank everyone who has been following our respective individual projects as well as the Starx Industries collaboration.

Can't wait any more! I will travel across the Atlantic ocean with super sonic speed to give you a hand end finish this as soon as possible!!!

Take your time man! Make the 405th.com proud ones more!

Just read through this whole thread and WOW! Truly spectacular. You guys have a tremendous amount of skill and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I will definitely be keeping tabs on this, just bookmarked it.

Any updates? Its the last day of December and I'm curious as to whether or not you have made the goal of getting the suit pepped by then of the month....

Starx said:
The end of december is coming up fast and i intend on having my suit pepped by then. Wish me luck!

M3MPHIS said:
Any updates? Its the last day of December and I'm curious as to whether or not you have made the goal of getting the suit pepped by then of the month....

Same here! Any updates?

(did you get a camera?)

Read this thread from start to finish and seeing what you guys have done is truly inspiring - and more than a little daunting! I'm not sure if I should go ahead with making my own, or just hire you guys to do it for me and be done with it. :p

Does anyone know where to get the concept 3d artwork of ILM for the 2008 movie? I just was wondering if there were any pics of the under-mech suit that is between Tony Stark and the actual Mark III armor... I was watching the special features on the DVD the other day and say all the designs on the computers behind the animators and thought it would be AWESOME to get my hands on some pictures of that stuff...

just curious....

also.... ANY UPDATES!!!!????

I don't think there are any pics of the meshes available. This is the only one I could find of the actual model.

20j2zyo.jpg

Bamabat said:
Starx

The dummy looks good. I told you it would be worth it. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing this thing done.

Hi Bamabat, I think the duct tape dummy was a great idea I could do with one of those myself, dont wanna sound stupid but how do you make it?

and Starx, lovin your work, keep it up

Dear 405th Forum,

I just arrived back into charleston from my vacation. A lot happened during that vacation and you deserve the story from me. I know there are many of you out there that are very dissapointed, pissed off, mad, and angry at me. But at least allow me to explain to you my side of the story. As many of you know by now the files that i am using were from the design of Samuel Ling. Samuel Ling is an amazing artist and has made a work of art. Im sure you all agree. Upon receiving the files from samuel ling, i thought that i was allowed to do with my unfolded pepakura files what i wanted to do. I did spend 5 months working on not just unfolding the armor, but referencing images together, developing ideas in order to develop realism, and some other things. I should have let it be known that the armor's original design is not my own, and i am completely at fault. I admit it and i will not be a coward and hide something like this any more. Over the course of the project ive made many friends because of the files that i have unfolded and in turn betrayed the trust of everyone. ANd i feel like S**T for it. Im not trying to be the bad guy. I really only wanted to be one of the few to be able to call this suit their own before the files began circulating around the internet. When i began the work, i was solely focused on keeping them to myself, which was the most selfish and worst thing to do. As ive said, ive betrayed the trust of many out there, especially Clarx, Juice, and Superman. These three also trusted me with either files, parts being built for me, or letting me help them in unfolding their own work, or even superman's arc reactor. I completely acknowledge that i have done wrong to all you guys, please believe me when i say i am sorry. Ive seen people call someone elses work their own, and i hate to see that that's what i have become. I dont want to bother anyone on this site, or any other, and i know i have tarnished my name on this site.

Juice - i appreciate the work you have done on the gauntlets, and if you prefer, i will send you back the entire set that you sent me. I wouldnt feel right keeping it. Please believe me when i say that i am deeply sorry for treating you wrongly as i have done.

Superman- you mostly i ask your forgiveness. I betrayed your trust and it was the worst thing i could have done. I dont have your arc reactor, i hope you kept it. But if i did have it i would gladly send it back to you in a heartbeat.

Clarx- I have already erased the files you have allowed me to try to unfold for you. Even though most of them were already unfolded. I am deeply sorry for anything that i have done to offend you or to misuse your trust.

Everyone - I dont expect my appology to fix what i have done wrong. I was in the wrong, I fully admit it, and i am glad that Carnage has done the right thing and shared the files with the community. I do not want to waste anyones time on this forum, and i dont want to tick any more people off. I am truly sorry to everyone on this forum. If everyone wishes it, i will resign from this forum no questions asked. If in some way, some minute way any of you can forgive me for what i have done, i would most deeply appreciate a second chance with everyone....as slim as that chance may be.

But as i said. Dear 405th, I am truly sorry to have offended anyone, especially the group. Please accept my appologies, and if this is the last time you wish me to be on the forum, then so be it. The Best to everyone on their projects and hobbies, and the best to you and yours.

-Starx

i am bookmarking this the work that is going into this build is awesome i cant wait to see it done keep it up guys

This forum is a place of forgiveness. I've noticed that here unlike other forums.

I was more in shock than mad. I respect that you've man upped and came out with in and asked for forgiveness.

I hope no one decides to use this opportunity to bash him or drag this on any further.

If you have an issue PM him.

Keep building your suit and eventually everyone will forgive and forget this because no one will put down a competed project that has the potential to look good in the end

I always forgive and forget so you have my forgiveness.

Good luck on your journey on the mother of all armor builds .

-Stefano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back