Status
Not open for further replies.
Orion213 said:
Awesome, i already start my own project, inspired by all of you

Two thumbs up from Chile !

[attachment=14941:DSC04069.JPG]

[attachment=14942:DSC04064.JPG]

Another question for all

where can i get the complete suit files in BMP ?

Last edited by a moderator:
JUICE said:
Here's a peek at what I'm doing. It will be all quads when I finish it. I dislike triangles.

15xvias.jpg

I laughed a little when I read that... :)

Any 3D artist knows you can't avoid triangles. One way or another, darn thing always ends up in triangles.

jtm1997 said:
what is a good 3d modeling program that's either cheap or free?

And possible for a beginner to use

I've heard of some people starting off on Google Sketchup, then graduating to Blender 3d. I have only slightly meddled in both, but never dove too deeply into them.

p.s. - both free

I would use anim8or. It is the simplest out of the three and is really great to start out with. Just look through some of my topics and see what all you can make with it.

jtm1997 said:
what is a good 3d modeling program that's either cheap or free?

And possible for a beginner to use

You can use RHINOCEROS 4.0 it´s a great, easy to work and free modeling software, you can also use it with Google SKP 7.0 and AutoCAD 2010; import files, export files, and the most great thing, you avoid trianlges ;)[attachment=14956:Dibujo.JPG]

Orion213 said:
You can use RHINOCEROS 4.0 it´s a great, easy to work and free modeling software, you can also use it with Google SKP 7.0 and AutoCAD 2010; import files, export files, and the most great thing, you avoid trianlges ;) [attachment=14956:Dibujo.JPG]

Rhinoceros is not free, maybe for certain period would be, but it´s needed a license to work with finally... Anyway I understand you mean to model with nurbs surfaces ( it´s what I do) laterly you need to save as 3ds, obj, dxf or any file type that fits into pepakura and there are again the triangles, because pepakura uses meshes to work.

And don´t forget you will need to refine the mesh in order to be workable with pepakura, in another way it´s madness extremely detailed to be unfolded easily :p

zabana said:
Rhinoceros is not free, maybe for certain period would be, but it´s needed a license to work with finally... Anyway I understand you mean to model with nurbs surfaces ( it´s what I do) laterly you need to save as 3ds, obj, dxf or any file type that fits into pepakura and there are again the triangles, because pepakura uses meshes to work.

And don´t forget you will need to refine the mesh in order to be workable with pepakura, in another way it´s madness extremely detailed to be unfolded easily :p

Rhinoceros is free dude ;) I got the license, i´ll try to put a link with the program full crack and serial.

Indeed saving the work on nurbs surface it´s a hell, as you said, 3ds is the best

I´m wasted with problems of scale in the construction of my helmet and forearm D:

CPU64 said:
I laughed a little when I read that... :)

Any 3D artist knows you can't avoid triangles. One way or another, darn thing always ends up in triangles.

It depends :pIn pep its near impossible cous you have to bolean join everything.

But when it comes to normal modeling you can choose to ad surfaces to float through eachother :) Not noticeble and nobody cares :)

Orion213 said:
Rhinoceros is free dude ;) I got the license, i´ll try to put a link with the program full crack and serial.

Indeed saving the work on nurbs surface it´s a hell, as you said, 3ds is the best

I´m wasted with problems of scale in the construction of my helmet and forearm D:

Hey dude you might want to stop talking before you're banned.

Happy pepping :)

Everyone - So with Valentines day finally over, i have decided to jump back onto the productivity horse and do this thing. Im back. And to start off, here is my helmet (Dungbeetles helmet file, scaled at 26.0 cm) and the neck from DancingFools files (scaled at an even 200 mm - scale of 1.647484). Also, the cod piece (scaling finally figured out at 444.371601 , fits a pant size of 36) I will be mixing and matching files that i believe have the most accuracy, and giving credit to the makers of these files as well as the sizes for the pieces that i have used to help anyone with sizing issues. Also, i got the idea from SUPERMANEXTREME to use black marker to outline the armor in different areas to make it easier later on during the bondo stage. Here we go guys....lets finish this.

33tryvo.jpg

2rm1rht.jpg

By the way, thanks Starx for the help on the BMP´s files. ;)

I just finished my second prototype, however, once again i got scaling problems. This second prototype it has 2.5 cms (one inch) of difference than the first one; still it´s too big for my head. So i´m kind a lost about this matter. My question goes for the diameter of the ears that you use in your helmet. I´m asking this to have a promedy size of the helmet (of course that everyone has a different size or scaling system, but anyway, i´m trying to put an standard in this matter)

Two thumbs up from Chile !

[attachment=15003:DSC04594.GIF][attachment=15005:DSC04614.GIF][attachment=15006:DSC04603.GIF]

Starx said:
Everyone - So with Valentines day finally over, i have decided to jump back onto the productivity horse and do this thing. Im back. And to start off, here is my helmet (Dungbeetles helmet file, scaled at 26.0 cm) and the neck from DancingFools files (scaled at an even 200 mm - scale of 1.647484). Also, the cod piece (scaling finally figured out at 444.371601 , fits a pant size of 36) I will be mixing and matching files that i believe have the most accuracy, and giving credit to the makers of these files as well as the sizes for the pieces that i have used to help anyone with sizing issues. Also, i got the idea from SUPERMANEXTREME to use black marker to outline the armor in different areas to make it easier later on during the bondo stage. Here we go guys....lets finish this.

33tryvo.jpg

2rm1rht.jpg

26 cms from ?

200 mm from ? I´m sorry dude, but i don´t understand what do you mean with this sizes

Great to have you back once again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back