Soft Parts Stay Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpent ZX

I have knwon about this for awhile now, but not sure why it just hit me now to post this... Lots of people around here have problems about staying cool when they are suited up, specially in armor. If your anything like me, you probably sweat a lot. Of maybe even those people that love to install fans in their helmets. In any case... Don't you wish you could just get iced up, without all the wetness, and stay like that for hours if you had to?

Try looking up a product called Techni Ice. It comes in a flat sheet, and you can cut it to fit. Its cheap as dirt too. The colder you freeze it, the colder it gets, and the longer it stays frozen... Like dry ice. I have a full leather suit that I wear. I based it on the design that motorcycle riders wear. Similar to Blue Realm's suit, but a lot thicker. I got some old suit parts from a manufacturer, a few hydes of leather, and modded them, and designed my own leather suit. I even included the inside pockets which hold padded areas... Back, shoulders, forearms, biceps, calfs, and thighs. Same concept as a heavy grade motorcycle suit, like I said, and boy does it get HOT. Except, when I want to stay cool, I remove the padding from their pocket areas, and insert Techni Ice. And in the helmet of some of your suits, if you have padding, remove the padding, and place a sheet inside, and replace the padding ontop, or place a thin cloth over. Or just make a spot (or spots) for the Ice to sit in. If you have fans installed, it will circulate cool air inside the helmet, or just have it draw hot air out, and while doing so, the cool air will get pulled down around your head. One of the great things about this also, is that the ice doesn't sweat. It's cheap, and works well, so its worth the very few dollars to throw down on, and try it for yourself. May not be for everyone though. Sorry if this post seems a bit rushed, but you'll have to forgive me, I am running on like... 1 hour of sleep for the past 2 days. Nighty night.

Great Find!

Techni Ice Sheets:

Techi-Ice is a four layer/ply product which has fully washable heavy duty plastic surfaces on both sides, and the two internal fabric/textile layers which contain larger refrigerant polymer levels and resist punctures, etc. This product is designed to be re-used, and has been made possible due to a new performation technology, which allows water to enter through the plastic surfaces to activate the polymer, but still enable the sheet to remain fully washable. This new technology sheet has patents pending aro
und the world and is a major development in dehydrated refrigerant sheet technology. Techni-Ice can be cut to size between the cells to fit any size ice box. Techni-Ice remains frozen for longer periods due to the higher polymer levels and insulative effect of the four layer/ply construction.

How it Works: Each cell is comprised of 2 non-woven textile layers. These layers encapsulate a specially formulated cross-linked polyacrylate polyalcohol co-polymer refrigerant that is combined with a post treated, trade secret formula. 2 additional plastic layers are bonded to the textile layers to ensure optimal performance.

Squeeze the Techni Ice Spare Sheet and submerge it in water. Release any air bubble that might be in the cells, then let the sheet soak for a few minutes. The water activates the polymer, which then swells the sheet into 6 individually sealed cells. The product will be ready to be used once the cells have become swollen. Spare Size:
  • Techni-Ice Travel Pouch Spare sheet: 7.75" x 5.5"
  • 6 cells of Techni-Ice: 2.25" x 2.25"
$1.99 here

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds awesome, if anyone has pictures of these could you post them, I just want an idea of how big and what it looks like.

HaloFreakX said:
Sounds awesome, if anyone has pictures of these could you post them, I just want an idea of how big and what it looks like.

Techni-Ice-1b-781373.jpg

Remember... you can cut along the seams to make 1 pouch

Last edited by a moderator:
ooooh, i may have to look into this. In fact i think i might buy some when the time comes. Reusable and cheap as crap, even if i dont like it for the armor itll still be worth it

how about I tell you my idea and see what you think, You can take all the refrigerator Ice maker tubing and do a full loop of the body with it get a 9 volt indoor submersable water pump now fabricat a box that has two chambers one for dry ice the other for the pump and water you fill the tubes while filling the water, using the pump of course the dry ice is packed around the chamber with water and pump now you have a circulating cooling system that cost you about 35 dollars.

I plan in the future to develop a suit coolant system, and it's too crazy to get into explaining.

But, in the mean time, this is a great find that I will try once fall and winter are over (cause here, you don't want to feel any colder than what you already do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back