Steampunk combat suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys !

Today I worked a bit on the vest. I need this base ready to continue in the arm.

support a balance of suspension of any car

Soldered a piece of 15x15mm metalon each side to have the support area which will make the holes for screwing in the center of the vest

Marked and made holes for screwing this piece of a plate that will cover the chest

The parts that form the front plate

One covers the gearbox of a VW Fox (I think)

A protective cap from the oil pan of a volvo

Screwing everything together we have it.

Then add a piece of a ratchet to lift car (the one that comes in the vehicle manufactures)

Added a fuel filter

Closing with a metal hose clamp

Continue ...

By this time the set that way

Continue to vest until closing the basics with straps and support to be able to continue in the arm. Finishing the arm, back and finish the vest and hoses that connect the masks and tanks breathing. Then after that I'll focus more on the robes to get away from this mechanical part and give more time to mature ideas together.

Thanks for see my post :)

Hi guys !

Advancing the project ...

Could manufacture and fix the straps on the vest sustaining the basic set, and put what would be the "cardio-mechanical valve" in the vest.

To make the "cardio-mechanical valve" used an automotive oil filter.

Cutting the threaded end of the filter I can remove excess material inside and reduce part weight.

This is what comes out of the filter (reducing the weight to less than 30% of initial)

The lysate is then filter this way.

And with the screw that secures the motor

And one other filter cap (with some reduction to fit the breast plate)

I ele set himself instead.

Now, making the straps

Leather straps finish without healed (usually used to make belts or harnesses)

A bit of bitumen and the look is appropriate

Continue ...

Some pieces of an old bicycle handlebar

Flattened and placed at the ends of the leather straps

Holes were made to fix the metal strip on the handle, and pass the pin that pinned the strap on the vest

With that kind of caught the rivet metal handle

And with that attach the strap to the vest

Continue ...

So the result so far this this way.

Next step, buckles for closing vest, close the connection between the exo-arm and vest and then I will focus on the hand that composes the whole exo-arm.

Thank you for viewing my post :)

The actual Appreciation as well as Analysis associated with Gemmy iPhone 5 Situation

The Most Looked forward to Release Of iphone 3gs Five Mentioned To become Held In Early spring Associated with 2012

The actual iPhone5 isn out in industry as yet; nonetheless buyers find the idea superior to every other Android mobile phone Cell phone. Consumers have provided a number of why you should warrant why the particular apple iphone A few is the most awaited phone for the consumer. Customers along with experts have got supplied several reasons why the actual grand technology via The apple company can be mentioned to become your cheap iphone 4s unlocked the best option telephone for the user. That they emphasize some of the main complex difficulty with android products and the hassle within obtaining petitions suitable for the particular android mobile phone. Enhancing the papers are an intense malware that will several google android people possess exposed in early earlier, though with iPhone A few it really is attached to get much acculturating in terms of consummating and also improving. Together with apple iphone Fixes Modern australia customers may take advantage some great benefits of tackling viruses problems as well as up grade his or her methods at the same time.

The newest news studies tend to be that will before enormous iPhone Five starts there has been a great increment throughout cheap iphone Macintosh personal computer product sales. The information claims that this sales are usually confluent due to consider from the Mac personal computers just like the quad-core iMacs, Mac laptop Atmosphere as well as the MacBook Professional just about all being shown this season. ipod device income have attained a huge drop considering that the studies of the apple iphone Five to become held this season. This can be majorly as a result of freedom in the iphone 3gs system due to which buyers currently tend to ignore the iPod. Users can now easily handle any kind of difficulties with their particular Mac laptop method utilizing the solutions regarding Macbook Fixes Modern australia. Customers could also indulge into apple ipad tablet Maintenance Modern australia so that they can constantly stay connected whenever on the go.

Apple company is explained to start out disbursing the most up-to-date entrant inside the retailers from the following month. The brand new apple iphone Your five is rumored to incorporate a good 8-megapixel digital camera, two key model and also a fresh iOS os which includes much better notice as well as the iCloud on the web storage space. Go to The apple company Vehicle repairs Modern australia for more. Apple helpdesk Sydney is usually outstanding to accumulate your own iPhone particulars cheap iphone 5 from.

Studies coming from reliable sources reveal that the massive mobile phone owner can be encountering security issues. Nonetheless, apple iphone Your five fans won't demand waiting a little longer because timeline for the launch seems to be the following month. That is mostly because of the quick installing of the mysterious components known as the "Apple fixture" along with working out for personnel. It has been leaked that an standard peek is to be held with regard to The apple company collaborators about March 21 years of age.Some time may be decided on cogitated to be able to go along with with all the prior launch of the iPhone 4 last year. Need to history duplicate themselves then a launch regarding apple iphone A few has to be one of the most awaited technical release in 2010.

Fresh rumors for the iphone 3gs Your five kick off suggest a great Oct release suitably to get on the Initial of March. It's been spilled by the Canadian wireless business implying the accurate time in the i phone kick off. When the rumor does work then your situation surely doesn fit the organization tradition involving establishing a few in Thursdays and also Fridays.

Apple is considered to become working hard for the "big release" the following month In reality, the education treatments have previously initiated in retail stores upon iOS A few, your revise software as well as the storing computer software iCloud. Your start time number significantly less even so one truth is for sure the apple iphone 5 can be remediated to deliver royal performance in these locations iphone4 failed. The particular chassis as well as http://www.noukta24.com/iphone.aspx the raised storage space unit may be the important thing for the accomplishment of I phone 5. Acquire intricate details about this specific i phone launch from The apple company Help Centre.

Top 5 Mac Applications With regard to Apple iphone 4gs And Iphone 5

Exactly what Add-ons Are Available for the apple iphone five

Iphone 5 Offers Get The Very Best Of Iphone five Deals In The Agora

Mate the stuff you do is the work of a genius. I just see scrap metal, but you see a combat suit. brilliant work

is the thing on your back a clutch cover?

Wheel of a pickup clutch.

Mate the stuff you do is the work of a genius. I just see scrap metal, but you see a combat suit. brilliant work

totally agree 120%! that like something you would build in fallout!

Fallout is my first motivation in this project :D

I have taken this project as a hobby. I like manual labor and tools as a woman likes chocolate. The opinions and comments in the post is an extra motivation. Thank you for the compliments :)

Looks great. Have fun wearing that. My fiberglass and foam armor is tough to wear all day at a con. I can't imagine wearing that for very long.

Sorry, this is the cover of the clutch, not the flywheel hehehe. And asbestos is banned in Brazil :)

just saying sometimes with clutch covers they tend to hold onto the clutch dust, I'd recommend you check it out in case, becasue I know some clutches and brake pads may contain asbestos

Looks great. Have fun wearing that. My fiberglass and foam armor is tough to wear all day at a con. I can't imagine wearing that for very long.

Try EPI specific. Long gloves, facial shield, and has a lot of acetone to clean the resin fouling everything. :)

just saying sometimes with clutch covers they tend to hold onto the clutch dust, I'd recommend you check it out in case, becasue I know some clutches and brake pads may contain asbestos

All parts of the piece were washed with solvent to remove grease. Here in Brazil, asbestos was abolished automotive products and construction is about 8 years old. It is possible that some parts still have asbestos, but the bath of caustic soda that apply on the parts, I believe, eliminates these dangerous products. But after the warning I will start checking the origin of the parts prior to handling them. Grateful for the warning :)

LordTosco, Your work is outstanding and I love your ideas!! I have one small question though, As you keep building this suit how heavy is it and how heavy do you think it'll be when your done? I just replaced my clutch in my Toyota pickup last week and even the clutch plate cover was fairly heavy and I wouldn't want to strap that to my back. I can't wait to see this build finished, it has such a "real world" look to it:)

LordTosco, Your work is outstanding and I love your ideas!! I have one small question though, As you keep building this suit how heavy is it and how heavy do you think it'll be when your done? I just replaced my clutch in my Toyota pickup last week and even the clutch plate cover was fairly heavy and I wouldn't want to strap that to my back. I can't wait to see this build finished, it has such a "real world" look to it:)

This question really can become a problem when everything is ready. But when I disassemble the parts and I separate them to use, I usually photograph them to see what appears and what does not appear to aesthetic effect. After that I eliminate everything that can be visually useless until plumb small pins are removed. That part you quoted for example, weighs heavily due to hard iron that gets stuck on the inside cover. I pulled out this disk decreasing the weight of the piece to less than 1/4 of the original. I do the maximum to reduce weight but do not do it at the expense of aesthetics desired. I believe that the full set had weighed around 25 pounds with clothes and other items.

The nice thing about this forum is that the questions and opinions keeps me aware of many important details. Out that what I see in other posts helps me understand situations that have no solutions.

Grateful for the comments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back