Steps To Making A Pepakura Helemet

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3thetruth

well as im sure you can tell i am very new to this and i cant seem to find all the steps to it. i understand the scaling and pepakura. i dont understand what to bondo or how it goes from paper to that very nice white plastic type material.

thanks for your time and help

-h

First of all, welcome to the forums! All this information can be a bit daunting at first, so don't worry!

Here's an excellent tutorial from FrizzleFry; this is the one I used when I first joined.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648

Basically, you download the Pepakura Designer from the link in that tutorial, and then you download the files for the models you want to create. With a bit of help you'll be able to scale them to fit you, print the designs onto cardstock and assemble with a strong glue.

Once that stage is done, we harden the cardstock models with resin and fibreglass. Only fibreglass the inside so that the little details aren't lost. Resin goes on the outside.

Next, you apply Bondo or body filler to the outside which can then be sanded to give a smooth finish. After that, voila! Its up to you to primer and paint the piece how you like.

Hope this helps, PM me if you have any other questions or need anything, we're all here to help :]

Good luck!

you guys are refering to FIBERGLASS. I know what it is and I have fg-clothe, fg-resin, but what is the fiberglass you guys are talking about?

is it fiberglass jelly?

They are referring glass in fiber form. That can be either cloth like you have or mat which makes a much stronger reinforcement. Due to the two forms usually people just say fiberglass without saying mat or cloth.

*slaps head and says dope! like homer simpson*

thanks for saying that.

Even though I'm a 15 yr old living in the 21st, I think like a 19th century 15 yr old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back