Stonewall's Finished Iron Man Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, it was more than that :) They were either bouncing up and down begging for a picture or staring at me with their mouths and eyes wide open. I actually got a couple adults pretty excited over it, some even wanted a hug from Iron Man! Except it's rather hard to hug in this suit)

Oh, and I should note, the Iron Man suit gets pretty darn heavy after a while, my back is STILL sore. If anyone can figure out how to distribute the weight of the armor on the body that would be great. :)

Stonewall said:
Oh man, it was more than that :) They were either bouncing up and down begging for a picture or staring at me with their mouths and eyes wide open. I actually got a couple adults pretty excited over it, some even wanted a hug from Iron Man! Except it's rather hard to hug in this suit)

Oh Gosh that makes me want to start on my suit faster and finish it. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Build!

I hope to do a good job like yours. :)

To distribute the weight you might try foam padding on the upper chest, so it should press on the foam and not directly on your shoulders.

keith_hendrix said:
Great Build!

I hope to do a good job like yours. :)

To distribute the weight you might try foam padding on the upper chest, so it should press on the foam and not directly on your shoulders.

I totally agree with keith, That's what I was going to do due to the strain on my shoulders of just wearing the torso Plus it makes the torso sit higher like in the movie. After I put the foam, I felt a lot less discomfort.

Good job keith :)

Thank you STEALTH. :)

The idea came to me as I saw your work, I figured that the weight would be significant, and I noticed that this device was useful when wearing armor for RPG live. ;)

The King Cobra said:
How did I never see this build before. AMAZING! and congrats on the newspaper!

Yeah Jackson, next time you should update post by post on your next project.

I didn't know it was done till last night and it was already finished on the 4th! lol

Iron Mang said:
damn i just saw the interview video of you. awesome suit! did you watch the movie while wearing the costume?

I don't think it would be comfortable sitting down in a suit like that! :p

Awesome article on you man, now you're a town legend.

damn i just saw the interview video of you. awesome suit! did you watch the movie while wearing the costume?

Article says he can't sit down while wearing it, so my guess no....maybe some of it was left on. Then again, you could always go wearing most of it at a coffee shop eating donuts and coffee going "Like this is the worst thing you guys have ever seen walk into a coffee shop at 4 in the morning."

Hey guys, thanks for the comments and support. It means a lot :)

@corby: Don't know how you found that, but good find anyway :)

@STEALTH: Yeah, I really should have posted a bit more around here. Problem was that I was pretty much not touching the computer at all while finishing the suit.

@Iron Mang: No I did not watch the movie in the suit. I can't sit down in the darn thing. I plan to re-work the rigging and everything so I'll be a bit more mobile for MisCon. I did however wear a Arc Reactor Unit 2.0 to the movie, which people thought was cool. :D

@Fuzzy the Bear and anyone else in the US who needs EL lighting: http://cgi.ebay.com/5-x6-EL-Panel-S...t_Equipment?hash=item3efec71064#ht_1712wt_958

This sale might have ended, but there should be more from this seller.

@Hikuro: LOL! and "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the donut!" --Nick Fury

Again, I couldn't have done this without you all at the 405th.

---Stonewall

Your suit is fantastic! Im glad to see you got it done in time for the movie!! Well done! I can imagine all the people getting excited to see a 'real' Iron Man when buying a ticket to go watch the movie. Good work!!

downsize1.jpg

Spoils from the theater gig. :D :D

Wish I could have got the whole thing like Ithica did, but it wouldn't fit anywhere in my house :p

---Stonewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back