Styrofoam weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need a dimmer switch or something of the sort to control that voltage. Depends on the sort of power supply you have. Are you using nichrome wire?

Nice to see my stuff is helping folks. I see you corrected the handle thickness ;)

This is offtopic a bit, but parts that not requires to be exact got good enough.
Here is a part of project that I'm currently doing for cosplay with my cutter:
2120505479_3a9d803e41_b.jpg

Do you recognise the part?
This is Kingdom Hearts, Roxa's Oblivion Key - Head
Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, uhh... could i make a mold of the styrofoam weapon after it was done to make it out of plastic so it is more durable or would i end up having a plastic gun that looks like swiss cheese?

Does anyone know where to get styrofoam cutters? Or if there are any other good ways of cutting styrofoam out there?

You can also order nichrome wire and roll your own very, very easily.
There are lots of low-amperage variable power supplies out there, too.

bevbor said:
This is offtopic a bit, but parts that not requires to be exact got good enough.
Here is a part of project that I'm currently doing for cosplay with my cutter:
2120505479_3a9d803e41_b.jpg

Do you recognise the part?
This is Kingdom Hearts, Roxa's Oblivion Key - Head
Best regards
ah kingdom hearts. those days of anime + disney...

Jason225 said:
yup, uhh... could i make a mold of the styrofoam weapon after it was done to make it out of plastic so it is more durable or would i end up having a plastic gun that looks like swiss cheese?
This is depends on what foam you use - there is low pressure low temperature formed foam with relatively big granules and high pressure high temperature formed, where you even cannot recognise particular granules.

damasterchief said:
i made a battle rifle and sniper out of foam
Josh023.jpg

Josh022.jpg

sorry already coverd with tape
Josh025.jpg

Josh027.jpg
Seriously man ... u spam all the stuff u make in like every thread ... if you wanna advertise just make a blog or a single thread and then put a link or something ...

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Seriously man ... u spam all the stuff u make in like every thread ... if you wanna advertise just make a blog or a single thread and then put a link or something ...

Seconded. Also, you just posted his stuff again when you quoted him. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back