substitute replacement shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinman

I have seen alot of people using the "HJC HJ-09 RST" gold faceshield. Is this simply because of the color of gold tent and the size of the replacement shield. If not is there a substitute for this model like Icon, AFX, and Nolan, or does the gold tent and size change that much from manufacturers?

I don't think they difer that much. It is the price that most concern people. I've looked everywhere and to get a good quality motorcycle visor without breaking the bank, HJC is the one to go. Go to eBay and you can get a visor for $25. The visors I bought were really well made and very reflective. The visors are easily scratched though.

You can make your own face shields using vacuform, but you cannot get the same tint as the visors that are mass-manufactured.

I think most people try to go for the gold tint, and it also needs to be large enough to fit the entire visor area. However, if the exact gold color is not super important to you, then any tinted, mirror visor you can find works fine and still looks fine. If you look around, you can find some replacemente shields that are slightly different color, but are cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back