Super Xbox 360(Dum-Da-Da-Duuuuum! No Rrod!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SchizophrenicMC said:
You might try buying a new Xbox.

But, seriously, go over everything, make sure all your panels are together and all your chips are secure. If not, fix. If they are, and issue is persists... Make big fix.

You should make a new case for it: the Millenium Falcon. It's like a first-gen and a second-gen YT-1300 welded together, with a schizophrenic (heh, handle) personality. It's perfect.

Good luck with all this, though.

Thanks.

But first I need money, and first I'm going to buy myself a violin before an xbox 360 though. The "Millenium Falcon" mod looks interesting (especially with the fans where the engine is), but isn't exactly what I'm going for.

Granted I have a millenium falcon kicking around, its my brother's and he (and the rest of the family) would be pissed if I took it apart.

And I just remembered that I forgot the xbox stuff at school. Stupid 3 day weekend! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I attempted to fix my Xbox by myself, after I got 1 RLoD, 2 RLoD, the RRoD, and a whole bunch of freezing. Unfortunatley, I ripped off the warranty seal ONE week after I got the damn thing because I was too curious to see what was inside the magic box...

I did a TON of research on it though, and now I understand computers a lot better, which makes it worth while I guess...

mustang2500 said:
I attempted to fix my Xbox by myself, after I got 1 RLoD, 2 RLoD, the RRoD, and a whole bunch of freezing. Unfortunatley, I ripped off the warranty seal ONE week after I got the damn thing because I was too curious to see what was inside the magic box...

I did a TON of research on it though, and now I understand computers a lot better, which makes it worth while I guess...
think of it as a 200+ dollar plus education class :p

Col Keller said:
think of it as a 200+ dollar plus education class :p

lol... that's why I dumpster dive, and wait until what I want drops in prices (yard sales anyone?), such as finding Assasin's Creed for the computer with a price tag of $10 (well, $9.99) at Walmart.

Still, even if I can't fix my xbox, I can sell the parts off and put the money towards buying an -albiet cheap- violin.

At least with fixing my acquaintance's xbox I can play my copy of halo 3 some more.

Ok, so now I know exactly what is wrong: an FFD 8782 Mosfet (25V N-Channel) is broken. I would buy one from Fairchild Semiconductor, but they are not getting the part in stock until this Christmas-and seem to have a monopoly on them. :(
On the plus side I found a Darth Vader mask and a projector in a yardsale (and a quarter in a parking lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back