Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin pretty boss man, great work!

Nice man, hows the mobility, I hate walking around in mine, but it looks like it fits you pretty good, I like how its turning out

Thank you both :) Mobility is a bit limited in the legs, I get about 40-45 degree bend at the knees in it currently the arm mobility at the front is kinda limited, dead-ahed is ok but it's harder to reach across my own chest or in to undo the waist clasps holding the chest together. It's far better than the last one though lol

Looking very very nice Sutekhian. Im totally diggin it. You are correct the scale looks awesome. As long as its comfy to you though thats all that matters. I cant wait to see it fully complete :-D

Looking very very nice Sutekhian. Im totally diggin it. You are correct the scale looks awesome. As long as its comfy to you though thats all that matters. I cant wait to see it fully complete :-D

thanks Mstr! Glad others think the scales right, it's really hard to tell when I'm wearing it as I can't see the rest of me easilly lol, couldn't get through the bathroom door to check the mirror in there ;) Working on the boots this week, then I'll pad it all up, install lights around the 29th and head out that weekend for a test run!

Great work man. Your scale looks spot on. The details really pop with the black underneath. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Man, you just keep crankin' out helmets! Your a living halo armory! This thread is fantastic and the Meta is my favorite character! (besides Caboose...)

Great work man. Your scale looks spot on. The details really pop with the black underneath. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks, I was quite happy when I got it off and had a loo at the pic :D Shouldn't be too long for its first outing! Then I can work on the EVA helm properly

Man, you just keep crankin' out helmets! Your a living halo armory! This thread is fantastic and the Meta is my favorite character! (besides Caboose...)

Thanks very much! The helms were mostly done already from a previous project to make one of each type, there's a Scout partly-done too. Glad you're enjoying it! And the Meta rocks, I'm really hoping we see his face this season ;)

What about my EVA healm??
Just sand it for the forst time and dont have idea if its the right way. I'll put another layer of bondo and sand it with a thin sand.

Aye that's the smooth lo-def one, the seperate visor is a pain to get it to fit right. When I first made the lo-def version I stuck it to the rest of the helm with hand-made tabs. Haven't gotten round to hardening that version after I had the hi-def Weta version done but I may go back and see how it goes :)

I think another thin layer of bondo is definitely a good idea, it sometimes takes a couple of coats to get smooth!

Just having another look I suspect the visor section might be a little big compared to the rest, did you scale them the same?

Aye that's the smooth lo-def one, the seperate visor is a pain to get it to fit right. When I first made the lo-def version I stuck it to the rest of the helm with hand-made tabs. Haven't gotten round to hardening that version after I had the hi-def Weta version done but I may go back and see how it goes :)

I think another thin layer of bondo is definitely a good idea, it sometimes takes a couple of coats to get smooth!

Just having another look I suspect the visor section might be a little big compared to the rest, did you scale them the same?

Yeap, I made them together them cut it. There is a little difference but I'll fix it when i make the visor vacuum forming mode. In fact i've got a bag file, the person Who undolded it made some mistakes, but i can do the rest os the def by hand.
I'll try to put another layer and cover the low spots.

Yeap, I made them together them cut it. There is a little difference but I'll fix it when i make the visor vacuum forming mode. In fact i've got a bag file, the person Who undolded it made some mistakes, but i can do the rest os the def by hand.
I'll try to put another layer and cover the low spots.

kk, you may want to start a thread for your build ;)

Really nice Sutekhian! More white armor...I love it!

Thanks! Just trying to finish up the boots in the next couple days, should be able to do my first outing this saturday round my local High Street for fun. Plan is to use the CQB helm as it's got the best visibility of the ones I have completed so far.

Plan is to put two layers of thick foam under the boots, with boots and helmet on I should get a 5-6" height boost which would take me up to 6'4" - 6'5" ish...

Just a quickie update, for saturday's outing this is all I have to finish along with strapping/padding the shins and one forearm:

Photo-1592.jpg

However my white paint is dead and I'm working too late to get to the shops. So I rang the mum and asked her, she'll get me a can tomoz ;)

Little suprise peek also, this is now in my garage in-progress...

Photo-1591.jpg

Looking spiffy there man. I am loving the updates. You gotta take pics on your outing and post em :-D

Looking spiffy there man. I am loving the updates. You gotta take pics on your outing and post em :-D

Thanks! I'll have a friend and a workmates sis coming along to take pics, will post the best ;)

SIIIIICK! That looks spectacular! Awesome job there!

Thanks again Boba! Really can't wait to see how it all looks together!

And here's the last part needed done, the boots and shin. The boots give me a 3" height boost so should take me up to 6'2" plus whatever boost the helmet gives...

Photo-1595.jpg

Thanks! I'll have a friend and a workmates sis coming along to take pics, will post the best ;)

Thanks again Boba! Really can't wait to see how it all looks together!

And here's the last part needed done, the boots and shin. The boots give me a 3" height boost so should take me up to 6'2" plus whatever boost the helmet gives...

Boots look great. What adhesive did you use to attach the soles to the boot armor? I'm fine tuning mine at the moment and love the way your turned out.

Oh yeah, and I just got everything on today and took some pics, looks like we finished about the same time after all. :) Thanks for keeping me motivated man.

Boots look great. What adhesive did you use to attach the soles to the boot armor? I'm fine tuning mine at the moment and love the way your turned out.

Oh yeah, and I just got everything on today and took some pics, looks like we finished about the same time after all. :) Thanks for keeping me motivated man.

thanks! I used a mini hot-glue gun for it, seems to work but only walking around will test that!

I saw! That's fantastic man! I love your build :D Likewise, you've kept me going too, thanks for all your encouragement, can't wait to see how your class looks with all of them suited up too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back