Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a delicious breakfast food, I'll have to try it out, hahaha!

Best of luck with the rest of your build, it looks excellent from where you're at now.

That looks like a delicious breakfast food, I'll have to try it out, hahaha!

Best of luck with the rest of your build, it looks excellent from where you're at now.

It really is amazing! Probably way, way too many calories but it tastes delicious ;)

And thankyew, I'm pretty happy with the way it's going so far, 50% through the right forearm now, then onto the shoulder and I'll be ready to start hardening / bondoing the rest smooth.

Looking good. I'ts nice to see something a little dif.

Thanks! Hoping it worked out as planned, 5 months till the festival I want to go to and I'm about 90% pepped so far more on target than the Sarge suit was ;)

Just finished the right forearm pepping, will start on the shoulder tomorrow.

Photo-1327.jpg

Quickie update: Tried scaling the lo-def EVA chest add-on to see how it went. I'd say the scalings pretty much spot-on from comparing it to my reference McFarlane model. Next bit up is the right shoulder base!

Photo-1330.jpg

I agree. With all of the reach builds going on, its cool too see this type of thing ! Keep up the good work man!

Thanks JBetts :) Just had 20 fresh brushes arrive this afternoon so when I'm home from work I'll get onto resining all the parts that need it, and I'll Rondo them on the weekend. Also had my broken dremel replaced and ended up with a stash of extra bits for it so I can get back to cutting and scoring details!

How did you manage to smooth out your forearm pep? Or was it one you downloaded?

It's the Hi-Def pep file by Nugget, I pepped it up and only folded where there were meant to be clean folded edges, I left areas that were meant to curve unfolded so that the card would curve into shape, when it was rondoed inside I gave the outside a very thin layer of bondo (approx 1-2mm thick) sanded it down smooth, re-bondoed any rough bits, sanded again and did that bit by bit till it was smooth enough.

Here's a pic of it in the pep stage if that helps show the minimal folding style? I've been doing this for all the parts on this build to cut down on the amount of bondoing and sanding needed.

Photo-1269.jpg

Little bit more done, currently the helmet, left forearm and handplate are ready enough, the Chest, right forearm, ab-plate, CQB shoulder-plate, EVA shoulder-plate, EVA chest add-on and shin are hardened and have some bondo work underway, the cod, thighs and left shoulder are pepped and being rondoed, the right shoulder needs to be pepped and the boots are on the sides until the rest is done. 5 Months to go till my first deadline...

I've built a standard Mk VI helm so I can go as a normal spartan / the Meta when he first shows up as he doesn't have any of the add-ons in Recovery One ep 1

Mk VI coated white with visor in (I'll be casting it, the visors there so it can be modded for better fit, and I got it free from a workmate anyway)

Photo-1336.jpg

Photo-1338.jpg

I also white-coated my forearm to see how it'll look and I'm pretty happy with it.

Photo-1337.jpg

A shot of my old Sarge suit from a Con I was taken to the other weekend, my fave shot so far

196186_1764043173131_1000675800_32002388_3549862_n.jpg

nice dude! That's all I have to say, not much in the way of criticism can be offered!

Thanks very much Boba! Hoping the rest of it turns out like this ;) The white's really starting to grow on me. And I realised if I do a standard Mk VI head/shoulders then I can have both the Meta and Ghost Church ;)

Wow, can't believe I missed this build up until now! Totally awesome BTW, very, VERY smooth. I don't seem to be able to get mine NEARLY that smooth.

Tyvm Swift, my previous build was horribly un-smooth, I found with this one if I only folded where there was meant to be a clear edge to the end product and didn't fold any of the bits or tabs where it was meant to be curved that the pep came out pretty smooth. That also allowed me to use the absolute minimum amount of bondo, over most of the curves there's literally 1-2mm of bondo just to smooth out the ridge caused by glueing one bit onto the other.

And I have to say, you're scout builds looking awesome! Would've started my chest yesterday but I got sick as a dog and I'm still recovering atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back