Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks promising as always
Keep up te great work!

Thanks very much, I'll do my best :)

Got a little update, the left forearm is now hard, bondoed and mainly sanded, there's a tiny bit more sanding to do but it's far smoother than it's predecessor. The dark red colour was just a temp coat of spraypaint so I could see more easilly what was smooth and what wasn't.

Light red is the original one:
Photo-1291.jpg

And here's the top:
Photo-1293.jpg

Oh BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Keep going at this level of quality, and you might just get to elite...

VERY smooth! This is becoming one of my favorite threads on the forum!

HOLY CRAP!!! After all those years of Halo 3, I just realized no one has made the Scout Chest Attachment D:, so, how do you plan on doing that? :p

Oh BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Keep going at this level of quality, and you might just get to elite...

VERY smooth! This is becoming one of my favorite threads on the forum!

I can hope! Don't think it'll really be worthy of that honour though :p There's still a few rough patches that I need to sort but I'm far happier with it than the last one! Leaving half the pep unfolded really helped make it smoother before i even started bondoing.

HOLY CRAP!!! After all those years of Halo 3, I just realized no one has made the Scout Chest Attachment D:, so, how do you plan on doing that? :p

lol yeah I'd spotted that, I'm planning doing the EVA chest on him as the builds currently planned to be his final look in the last series where he has EVA chest and right shoulder + CQB left shoulder. But if I get round to making the alt earlier layout I'd scratchbuild the scout chest I think, foam/clay/bondo, something like that ;)

Little bit of an update, Chest is bondoed ready to be sanded, was going to do that today but it's been pouring rain all day, so instead I got a bit more of the Brute Shot pepped up and it's starting to really take shape :D

Photo-1298.jpg

Photo-1299.jpg

Photo-1297.jpg

@ the Brute Shot

DANG thats some nice pep-work! Can't wait to see his finished broom! :) (hehehe: silly donut :p )

Yeah, that's one kick-@$$ broom!

Very nice all around. Some of the cleanest pep work I have seen to date.

Thanks Lordzoabar, Boba. The Broom is taking a while as I tend to just fiddle with it when I'm not doing any other parts. It's a huge beast of a thing and the lower body section of it really reinforced that when I sat them together. Getting the circular grip done will be quite the challenge I suspect! Currently thinking of making the blade section from foam with a slight reinforcment section in the middle so I can gently dunt people with it ;)

Oh, smacking people with a foam brute shot blade... FTW! That would probably be the best alternative, since security and such might get nervous about weapon-ish looking things, especially when it's almost as long as you and has a massive blade! Not sure if Scotland is anything like the U.S. in that regard but hey.

Oh, smacking people with a foam brute shot blade... FTW! That would probably be the best alternative, since security and such might get nervous about weapon-ish looking things, especially when it's almost as long as you and has a massive blade! Not sure if Scotland is anything like the U.S. in that regard but hey.

Heheh, should be fun if it works ;) Chatted to the local police before I went to the Reach release and they were ok with my repainted nerf gun as it "didn't look like a real model of gun" so I think the Brute Shot should be fine.

lil bro took a pic to show how huge it is:

Photo-1303.jpg

Good God... that thing's gonna be HUGE... so are you going to use foam? Or rondo to harden it? Because that looks like it's going to be HEAVY. At least it's so HD that you won't need too much bondo

Good God... that thing's gonna be HUGE... so are you going to use foam? Or rondo to harden it? Because that looks like it's going to be HEAVY. At least it's so HD that you won't need too much bondo

lol, about 1.5m long all-in. That's the size from the scaling guide you posted me and it feels about right :D And yeah I think I'll go with the foam suggestion tbh!

Good lord, the thing is about 6 inches shorter than ME. Can't wait to see the results of the foam, post pics as I REALLY want to try it out. My can of greatstuff is clogged, so I can't try it out...

Not had much work done lately, exes b'day party down south over the weekend and mine this weekend so a wee break but I did a little sanding on the chest...

Photo-1309.jpg

Photo-1310.jpg

And a wee bonus, my workmates answer to the perfect breakfast food!

Photo-1308.jpg

wow I love your build. I would like to build that for my son. I got one file from halo wiki that didn't have much detail on it. Would you please email me you eva helmet file? If you are ok with it I will give you my email

wow I love your build. I would like to build that for my son. I got one file from halo wiki that didn't have much detail on it. Would you please email me you eva helmet file? If you are ok with it I will give you my email

Thanks very much, afraid the files not for release yet but as soon as it is I'll send you a PM about it :)

you have to post the entire process of making your visor. you going the cutout rout or the whole thing as the visor?

Will be doing so when it's done :) And currently the plan is to make the whole thing see-through but if need be I'll resort to sectioning it if my plans don't work

Bit of an update, I've not had much chance to work on it due to work and birthday parties but I've now got everything but the rights arm and both boots pepped.

Here's the collection:

Photo-1317.jpg

And myself, Phixxix and Keir were down at D'Con 2011 all suited up!

172730_186573061384278_105108656197386_417248_3804429_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back