The Amazing Spiderman Film Discussion (May Contain Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!* If you haven't seen the movie yet and don't want to have anything spoiled , don't continue reading!

Hello!

I'm sure there are a few of you who saw the film at midnight like myself , and I was curious what you all thought! Personally , I loved it! I thought that Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone did a fantastic job on screen and brought a real emotion too the film that wasn't there in the previous trilogy . That is the last time I'm going to compare this film with the Sam Raimi films . I think this deserves to be judged separately from other installments in the franchise . Overall , I think this was a great reboot for the series and I look forward to watching it again this week!

What do you guys think?

-Jacob

I absolutely loved it. I saw it at midnight with some friends, and we all thought it was much closer to the comics than the first trilogy. In fact, like you Im only going to reference them that one time, because this movie was so fantastic that they might as well not even exist in comparison.

*spoiler alert*
Was sad when Capt. Stacey died, and Dennis Leary did a great job. I'm a total fanboy, but it was only a little bug remembering he was killed by Doctor Octopus.

I absolutely loved it. I saw it at midnight with some friends, and we all thought it was much closer to the comics than the first trilogy. In fact, like you Im only going to reference them that one time, because this movie was so fantastic that they might as well not even exist in comparison.

*spoiler alert*
Was sad when Capt. Stacey died, and Dennis Leary did a great job. I'm a total fanboy, but it was only a little bug remembering he was killed by Doctor Octopus.

I totally agree with you! You can't even compare with the previous trilogy!

*Spoilers*

How about that Mid credits scene? I've read speculation that it's either Norman Osborn or Quentin Beck (Mysterio) . I think either is a viable guess . Notice that this mystery character appears and then disappears when the lightning strikes . Ozzy is notorious for appearances of this sort , but so is Beck . What do you think?

I thought spiderman was great, i was shocked when i saw the trailer though, no mary jane. i want some pictures of the inside of those labs at oscorp.

I thought spiderman was great, i was shocked when i saw the trailer though, no mary jane. i want some pictures of the inside of those labs at oscorp.

Mary Jane wasn't the original love interest . Gwen Stacy was . Then she was later killed by Green Goblin and that's when Mary Jane became the primary . (If I remember correctly , there was some conflict within peter as to which one he wanted to be with , I may be wrong though)

I'm not sure either way because the Goblin/Hobgoblin was such a big part of the last trilogy, so it would be treading older ground. Then again though, most people aren't as familiar with Mysterio so he doesn't make sense. On that note though, not everyone is completely familiar with some of the cameos so it could have been him, based on the Avengers having Thanos after the credits. Nobody I saw it with knew who he was and simply called him "that purple guy"

@nick, there never was a Mary Jane in the last movies either. Sure they called her that, but all three of those movies were from comics about Gwen Stacy. Shes the one who the Goblin kidnapped and tossed off the bridge, and Doc Ock killed her dad so... yeah. They just completely destroyed everything back then.

I aint even gonna see the new one. :(( been a fan of Spidey since the first one came out, i can't stand to see them ruin the trilogy by stickin a contraption on his wrist instead of real web slinging. :(((

He built the web shooters in the actual comics, and didn't get natural web abilities until around 2000 when marvel recreated him, so to speak. He got killed sort of, went into this spider cocoon, and got more fused with the spider stuff which gave him the natural web ability.

I aint even gonna see the new one. :(( been a fan of Spidey since the first one came out, i can't stand to see them ruin the trilogy by stickin a contraption on his wrist instead of real web slinging. :(((

Actually , the old trilogy did several things that weren't in the comics. Gwen Stacy was also the original female lead (as said before)

I was really hesitant about this since my first thought was 'another one?' but then I went to see it anyways and I loved it. I think this new one will do what the Dark Knight did to Batman aka explode the Spiderman scene.

This was so much better than the other Spiderman movies. The only downside I saw was that Emma Stone was blonde (granted she was playing a blonde). It was just weird to see on the screen for me. But that is just a tiny piece that I got used to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back