Props THE BIG ONE! M808B Scorpion Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, no updates in 2 years? Well, I finally have a new one, but it's probably not the one anyone wants to hear. I have decided that this project is just too big and costly to continue moving forward with. Plus the fact that it has taken on some serious damage from the elements within the past 2 years also doesn't help. It was fun to try and tackle this project, especially the demolition of the van and all the planning of how everything was going to come together in the end. But sometimes you got to know when to step back and away from something you know you can't do, or can't continue to do.

Hopefully though, not all is lost and some of the internal boards are salvageable for other future projects. I have often thought about trying this project again in the future, but on a smaller more manageable scale. Perhaps one built from a golf cart at half the size would be feasible, but we'll have to see. I got lucky finding the scooter for the Ghost at an auction, maybe I can get lucky and find a good cheap golf cart as well. But for now, the tank is official dead in it's tracks.....pun sadly intended.
59691106_3130768363603639_3053365991019905024_o.jpg

I just saw this thread today.

View attachment 270331

Seriously though, the work you did on the project is really impressive.

I'm sorry I have failed you :confused: But, I promise to revisit this project in the future with a more manageable system and size.

*squints*
Is that the van's dashboard peeking through... was the van under there after all that time? :eek:

Rip in pepporoni Scorpion Tank. Thou shalt be missed.

Yes, the van has been under the body the whole time. Surprisingly, it still runs. Just needs a fresh battery and some tranny fluid and it's off and running again lol

Yes, the van has been under the body the whole time. Surprisingly, it still runs. Just needs a fresh battery and some tranny fluid and it's off and running again lol
Might wanna take a close look at that. My father left his stationwagon sitting for a while and the transmission gaskets dried out and cracked.

Yeah and might need to replace the fuel pump old gas like to eat those up. Even if it's been a year might want to check it.

Well, I think the next trip it's going to take is to the local scrap yard lol. Maybe the funds back from it will be put towards the rebuild. Like I said, I'd like to find a nice golf cart or something similar to use as a base. My co-worker keeps telling me to build my own with a gas motor from Harbor Freight, but I'm not the best auto mechanic out there. I can fix a lot of auto problems, but I've never attempted building something like that from the ground up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back