The Black Hatter's Side Project: N6

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Black Hatter

So, maybe you've seen my Mark VI build around, its coming along well. However, i felt that because my pieces are mostly in the resining stage, i figures it would be fun to have something to work on during the darker hours. So, i printed out a Nobel 6 helmet, High def, and have began working on it. Its coming out well, just so much detail. Guess thats what i get for doing an HD file.

I'll post some pictures pretty soon. So far ive just got the skull cap put together but i'll be working on each day, and keep it updated just as often. I will admit, i cheated a little bit already. On the little bump on the tip of the visor, i assume its something attachments clip onto or something, well anyone whos made the file knows the sides have a little dent on each side, which i've decided to by-pass them and just cover up the holes with a custom spinet. Oh well, i found it unnecessary. Dont hate.

So, may the fun begin.

EDIT: Told you it was going to be real quick.
So heres the Front
P1000931.jpg

Side
P1000932.jpg

Back
P1000933.jpg

I told you i cheated. Do you see it?
P1000935.jpg

Yeah, i cant wait to. This helmet has so many strange pieces, it makes it dificult to cut and past. But, never the less, i shall prevail.

Alright, update time. Makin lots of progress on this, not so much on the more important armor. XD But oh well, heres some pics. Two more days of work.
N6armor001.jpg

N6armor002.jpg

N6armor003.jpg

N6armor004.jpg

N6armor005.jpg

N6armor006.jpg

N6armor008.jpg

Cool, just put the first coat of resin on the helmet. I ran out on the back and bottom, oh well. I'll do it later.

resin001.jpg

resin004.jpg

Very minimal warping i think. Comments?

looks great!
makes me want to do a secondary project, cuz i am at the same stage as you, and so, it would give me something to do....
haha, question: you think i should do the CQB helmet, or the H3 Mk.V helmet? xD

CQB All the way! I never did like the Mark Vi very much. Looks kinda like a bucket and visor on your head. Theres nothing wrong with a secondary project, as long as you still working the first one also.

haha, i am running out of money, so it would be a good time to start a much need of detail project.... xD but i was thinking maybe the H3 MK.V (no I after the V BTW...) becuase i am working on H1 MK.V and i thought it might be cool to have have H3 thing on, also, it looks better and would probably fit better cuz it is round, and i have a big head xD...
Anywayz, sorry for going off subject.... xD

haha, i am running out of money, so it would be a good time to start a much need of detail project.... xD but i was thinking maybe the H3 MK.V (no I after the V BTW...) becuase i am working on H1 MK.V and i thought it might be cool to have have H3 thing on, also, it looks better and would probably fit better cuz it is round, and i have a big head xD...
Anywayz, sorry for going off subject.... xD
Ha ha, well, i have a really tall thin head, so it causes some interesting outcomes. XD

Looks very good dude, I can't believe you are only doing this as a "Side Project"
*bows in homage*
did you scale yours down at all? I was suffering from noobitis and didn't get designer when I started mine, so I didn't scale it. Hopefully since I am big it won't matter, but I was just wondering...

Warhammer: Ha ha, yeah just a side project. Its coming out better then my main project though. I learned a lot from doing the first project (which i have yet to complete) that i couldnt learn from any tutorial. Real world stuff.

To answer your question , surprisingly, when i went to change the scale in designer,the scale which was pre-set was perfect size so i didnt have to change it. Lucky me.

Hopefully your head will fit as well as mine does int it. Its a sweet helmet.

247: Yeah, i start my senior year of High school in two weeks so im frantically trying to get work done now. I think you'lll find a lot of cool stuff comes from high school and i hope you enjoy it. You get a lot more freedom during these four years which has helped in my armor making. Being Able to buy my own supplies and stuff has helped the time scale greatly, its just money i need now.

It would be advised by me and many others you stick to one project if you school life is hectic, so you can complewte one in a reasonable amount of time. Nothing worse then two sorta finished projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back