The Deka Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman065

Jr Member
I was surfing around on Make: Blog and saw a short video about the DEKA Arm. It is a prosthetic arm that is being developed by the US government for injured military folks. While that is the initial application of it, the possibilities of that technology could be used world wide for people with various physical disabilities. Its good to know that there are people out there that want to improve the quality of life for wounded soldiers returning from overseas.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rloSSqiUCM[/media]

This is a great technology for our war veterans. It is sad that we must continue this endeavor, but for those in need of this, I am very happy that we are coming closer to nature in the offering of retributions.

Amazing. I remember when I was a little younger, I wanted to get into prosthetics engineering and I'm glad that even though I've decided not to pursue that, that there are so many people working hard and making solid progress in this field. Literally a couple of years ago this kind of advancement was unheard of, I'm glad that something can be given to those that gave for us.

This is awesome! this means in about 20 years there would be bionic eyes and such! that way I would be able to detect hot blooded mammals at a distance!

Sweet! When I go into college I was thinking about biomedical engineering, and I would love to help develop stuff like this.

Honestly the coolest thing I've seen in a while

I know I would love to have that if I lost an arm. Plus it looks really cool and I think some of the people who will use it will think so too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back