The Dynamic Duo (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lizander said:
Ok everyone! Here is an update of what I have been working on lately

I know its not a whole lot (but scratch building takes a very long time ^^ ) , and there are areas I still need to work on/add (work on the knee cap to get the positioning correct, need to add the two ankle protecting things too)but I'm liking how its starting to look. I purposefully built the front piece a bit larger than "proper scale" because I wanted the shins to be larger and bulkier to give the impression of strong leg muscles lol :p

I am still working on the knee cap, shape and positioning of it. Once I get that done I will not be transfering the entire shin to cardboard, but rather making another one out of poster board, because it is basically bright green cardstock :) This will save time and energy ^^

Any who, on to the pics!

4413104370_f795f01649_b.jpg

4412337091_c78d31aa29_b.jpg

4413108510_a157b9715d_b.jpg

4412341205_ed75879219_b.jpg

4413107080_0748838238_b.jpg

I might detach the knee plate though.. or perhaps I will fiber glass them seperatly, then discretely attch them with a hinge.. not too sure yet.

I'm not looking forwards to scratch building the back of the shin though..... :/ its gonna be pretty tough.. Oh well, :)

SO!

BRIGHT!

Dont paint it. You can be the "special" ops odst. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright well, I am pretty much done the shins, I just need to do a bit of fine detailing and such, and then.... well, the rest of this week is going to be dedicated to fiberglassing. And thank you so much for the for the kind comments guys, me and Daniel really appreciate it! :)

img2465jm.jpg
img2470a.jpg

P.S. Dan, I am really diggin the knee plates, keep up the great work buddy!

damn... hand made armor. two words BADASS. I am too creating mickey armor :D

Odsts lead the way

(Rangers lead the way)

Spraynoob

Thanx alot man! And I just checked out your scratch built weapons... holy wowmonster! They look amazing! Great job dude, and keep up the great work!!!!! Us Canadians and our cardboard.... =P

UPDATE TIME!

img2627h.jpg

So the right shoulder has been fiber glassed, but the shins haven't (I need to go get more resin). I finished the cod piece, but that isn't really anything special to show. And yes, I am double jointed in both thumbs if anybody is wondering, and the pieces were just taped to my shirt with masking tape to hold them in place. So that would be about it..... Any questions just ask. :)

That looks great!

i love your work. :)

P.S,

to avoid double and triple posting you can just edit your posts or delete ones you don't need anymore.

So, made a new chestplate (Forgedreclaimers), and just wanted to know what your peoples opinions were on which one I should role with? =/

img2960f.jpg

or

img2301m.jpg

Altair651 said:
So, made a new chestplate (Forgedreclaimers), and just wanted to know what your peoples opinions were on which one I should role with? =/

img2960f.jpg

or

img2301m.jpg

are we going with game accuracy??? If so then we should stick with kirrious chest file. But I kinda like the look of the new chest files.. Hmmmmmm....

No pic updates from me yet, been waaay too busy with school, lifeguarding, music making etc... But I have started to make a socom pistol out of blue insulation foam. I plan on molding it when I am finished. I also totally re-did the shins. Now they look much more rounded. I'll attempt to post pics tommorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds sweet as skeet! Only thing is (sad to say) but if we are going for game accuracy, Forgedreclaimers, would be the rightchous way! Did all the ref pic research already, also to top that ive been playing the game 24/7 ever since I got my 360 (finally)! So, yah..... Check it for yerslef! But in the end, its ultimitley up to me and you, just want to know what you, the 405th think? =/

I do.....

My link

Forgedreclaimers doesn't let me open it up to get the link though, so you can go see for yourself. Its under his halo models topic. Hope I helped. :)

K, well..... know I haven't posted around here for a while, but there was a reason for that..... We haven't completley ditched ODST, but we are saving that for a future project. Seeing as how theres been alot of hype around Reach, we decided to just go with the crowd and make Reach suits! I am working currently on a Carter suit, and my friend is working on Jorge's. We have been more in the planning stage, seeing as how the switch was kinda complicated, but over the last little while, progress has still been made..... I would have liked to post this like a month ago, when we actually decided to make the switch, but it was very confusing, seeing as how we had to change deadline plans alltogether.... But we worked it out!!!! And I was just wondering if you guys would like to see any progress pics or not, because we have been making slow progress, but surely progress...... So ultimitley, you guys decide, but I have only gotten the chest pepped, both shoulders, the ab plate, and working on scratch building the forearms. Not a huge fan the of how the forearms are turning out....... Ontop of that I took a good three weeks working on the knife alone (comlicated and confusing story) but this weekend ill get that done, and pics up! And Dan is just about getting to a point where (I think) he's ready to show his helm (scratch built)! Soooooo...... yah!!!!!!!!!! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back