The Foam-I-est Foam to Ever Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagtagVenom

So getting back into building, I remember now that the original foam I’ve been working with; Walmart and Harbor Freight EVA; and be regarded to as, well, poop.
So I’m putting out the suggestion call, what’s the spiciest foam a crafter can get their grubby mitts on and how much is it gonna bankrupt me??

Maybe it's a Canadian thing but, the floor mats sold at the Walmart's in the great white north are relatively cheap and decent enough to use. I'm no officianado in foam mind you.
If you are really looking into high quality foam TnT Cosplay sells foam online.
They have different densities in foam. Depending on density and foam thickness, price will vary. I think the cheapest 10mm foam @ 2'x5' runs at $16 USD per sheet. There may be shipping charges as well. I could be wrong about that though.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing but, the floor mats sold at the Walmart's in the great white north are relatively cheap and decent enough to use. I'm no officianado in foam mind you.
If you are really looking into high quality foam TnT Cosplay sells foam online.
They have different densities in foam. Depending on density and foam thickness, price will vary. I think the cheapest 10mm foam @ 2'x5' runs at $16 USD per sheet. There may be shipping charges as well. I could be wrong about that though.
Oh yeah, I’ve heard of those ordering ones; worst case, maybe I’ll order some, but I really wanna find some quality ones that I can go and pick up in person

Last week at Otafest I ran into Red Moon Cosplay Solutions who are bringing out a bunch of new foam types with 75kg and 100kg density and various shapes and sizes. $12 flat shipping rate to almost anywhere in Canada so that might interest you PaiganBoi.

I work with the Wally World special and Canadian Tire bargain bin stuff for the most part, honestly it's not bad, you just have to watch out for pock marked sections and do a bit of prep work to remove the back texture if you need smooth surfaces on both sides. Sure there's a few lemon-y pieces that you find every so often but those are good for mock ups and testing.

Last week at Otafest I ran into Red Moon Cosplay Solutions who are bringing out a bunch of new foam types with 75kg and 100kg density and various shapes and sizes. $12 flat shipping rate to almost anywhere in Canada so that might interest you PaiganBoi.

I work with the Wally World special and Canadian Tire bargain bin stuff for the most part, honestly it's not bad, you just have to watch out for pock marked sections and do a bit of prep work to remove the back texture if you need smooth surfaces on both sides. Sure there's a few lemon-y pieces that you find every so often but those are good for mock ups and testing.
I may have to just tough it out with the Walmart brand; but I thought there was better foam out there, that I don’t have to order in of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back