The Great Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganius

Jr Member
Hey 405th members. This is the first time I have ever used pepakura to build something totally amazing. To be honest it's the first time I've used pepakura to do anything. Anyways, this is my Halo: Combat Evolved Marine helmet. It took me most of today but it was definitely worth it. I think it turned out pretty well for my first time ever using pepakura. Tell me what you think. ;)

DSC04699-1.jpg

The Folding Station. Also known as my bedroom with a card table in it :)

DSC04701.jpg

The Swivel Chair is a necessity

DSC04702.jpg

The beginning of the Marine helmet

DSC04703.jpg

Moving along nicely

DSC04704.jpg

A Different view

DSC04705.jpg

This is the helm when it is almost finished

DSC04706.jpg

One more fold and It's Done!

DSC04707.jpg

Finished bucket

DSC04708.jpg

The back view of the finished helmet

DSC04709.jpg

Back ridge of helm.

DSC04711.jpg

The helm on my head. At first I think it looked too big, but it actually fits great. I guess I scaled it right :)

DSC04713.jpg

Front view of helm on my head

DSC04697.jpg

Gotta love that superglue

I had a blast doing this project, and finishing the helmet without any help in one afternoon is a real confidence boost. I will be applying resin to it tomorrow and building a Halo 2 Odst Helm tonight. I will also continue making the armor parts for the H1 Marine. I'll probably have more pics up tomorrow if possible. Thanks to Garland for the sweet models.

Trust me I thought it was gonna be huge too but it actually fits nice on my head on the inside. It's just bulky on the outside XD

Ohh very nice job on the first run.

Pepakura is amazing huh? It's like origami, but with gluing.

It's okay if the fit is a little loose, the fiberglass usually takes up more space, so your head should fit nicely in the end.

Just finished a forearm. It's way too big, which is really dissapointing. I'm wondering if I should just pad it eventually or just remake a new one...sorry for the double post

DSC04714.jpg

finished

DSC04715.jpg

Another view

DSC04716.jpg

this is it on my arm

UPDATE :
DSC04717.jpg

both forearm pieces done!

UPDATE : I'm starting my chest piece today

This Project is being postponed until further notice XD

Status