The Irish Cowboy's Foam Reach Build

What weapon should I make besides my M6B sidearm?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....glue, same like pep, only glue the foam

but what kind of glue, the elmers i use on the pep (yes it holds, just don't get the easily washed off kids stuff) won't work on the foam, and i haven't had much luck with the glue gun either :/ it works, but its kinda iffy on holding joints very well.
ahh well, back to experimenting i guess, maybe its my technique that sucks.

Wow cant believe i missed this thread before. Irish Cowboy, good job man. I love the way you weaved EL wire into the suit. Makes it pop. Only problem i see is trying to hide in the dark lol. Looks great man keep it up :)

@ GrimC:
A low temperature glue gun holds it together for a while, than I crisscross glue on the back to hold a joint together! :D

@Mstruvmgc:
Thanks, hehe and thats what my family says....."you cant really be stealthy...can you now?"

Okay...first off, new plan for legs!
THESE RENDERS ARE IN NO WAY MINE. ALL BELONG TO FORGED RECLAIMER. NOT ME
But...I am using his concept idea...to a degree hehe
my_armor_concept_legs_by_forgedreclaimer-d3di3y2.jpg

custom_reach_shin_by_forgedreclaimer-d3dfcki.jpg

Anyway...hehe thighs done:
IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

Progress on helmet is slow...too much rain :(
For the attachments....done hehe
Redid the UA outta foam
IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

Progress on shins and boots is well....yeah
IMAG0560.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the huge sum of posts
BUT
When you have no glue sticks at 9 PM to start the rest of the shins.....you carve a knife from Juliet76's Blueprints :)
For my first ever wood prop....I like it. (Ill prob redo it eventually)
IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0568.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

I Weathered It :D
IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

Very nice looking work you have going here. Everything is well thought out and well detailed. I look forward to seeing more on this build, so keep us posted.

Thanks guys! The shins have been the most frustrating for some reason. Ill hopefully finish them off on friday/saturday. I work better on weekends for some reason. :D
Yeah, im upset with the legs though, the knee joint is a pain in the butt. My real knee is huge (like 4 inches wide). The thighs don't go high enough on me, (made em a lil too small) and the shins are just... (shintastic) NOT
Should I just put the actual Gungier (yeah no clue how to spell that) Knee below my actual knee? Or should i remake the thighs bigger, so they can go high up on me, and put the knee on my knee? Im so confused and frustrated haha. Can someone show me a picture on how their knee joint is, that would really help haha
Any tips?

Everything is looking good cowboy! Keep the awesomeness coming, my eyes cant get enough :)

Sorry to hear about the knees and thighs. You made the stuff out of foam so it shouldnt me to hard to expand em a little right?? I wouldnt know i have not done any thing with foam yet. I am doing it all paper for my first time :) I personally think that the knees should go over your knees a little but im not even at that step in my armor yet so i dont have much room to critisize. *shrugs* Best of luck with the problem, im sure youll figure something out :)

EUREKA! Mwhahaha, the shins now fit, and now instead of the knee being flat on my knee, it is raised on a small thing of foam. Now I can articulate my leg! WAHOO! Ill be finishing the shins tomm.....and hopefully have painted them too. Might have teh boot pieces done (just re-painting the old ones...shhh) tomm too. Than onto the helmet.....hmmm
Anyone kno of a gold spray paint that will look like the visor in the first picture in this thread? Or on the visor of my grenadier helmet? Id like to find a motorcycle helmet visor tint. Any help? :D

How's the paint going? Glade to hear you found a fix to the knee. I did the same foam add-on with mine.

Glue gun, I do not have much luck: / It works, but its a good bit of uncertainty at the joint. And AHH, back testing, I think, maybe my technique suck.

Great work there! What do you use to cut your foam? I am using kitchen scissors and the work good but leave some nics here and there. How do you get your cuts (especially your angel cuts) so well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back