The Mark 5 re-pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have os x and windows. I do like the MK V better, but I dont have the know how for extracting models, and i can do simple stuff in pepkura. So thats why I did the MK VI. And for the record, I love OS X.

It will be, believe me.
I don't understand how it would look "cartoonish", but I always have loved MKV.

Moz said:
THE WHOLE SUIT IS DONE.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Could this thread by sticked?

Wow, that is awesome. Thank you for all your hard work. Now I can't wait to get started!

Last edited by a moderator:
Started work on mine tonight:

DSCN1295.jpg

DSCN1294.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

Good to see the helmet coming together, I haven't put a mark 5 helmet together yet since I haven't finished my Mark 6

Moz, Ive been working with the .pdo's the last few days, and Ive been using the scaling of 25.402. The original was just 25 even I believe. The only thing Im going to have to mod is the armpits of the shoulders and my waist size is a bit big, so Ill have to mod the stomach piece to fit. I think itll end up being a two piecer that clips together via buckles.

All in all, you did an amazing job and my scaling number has worked on all the pieces. I have the forearms, a shoulder, stomach, chest, backpack, and helmet. drgon4747 is my youtube name and i have several videos showcasing my work over the past few days. Thanks again Moz!

Sigma-LS said:
The old one is definitely a pain. Nice to see folks take an interest in the Mk V.

I want to see some more avatars like mine :love:
Wish we could buy molds...then maybe we could and would see more avatars like yours ;):(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Moz @ Sep 10 2007, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><blockquote><blockquote> I must admit, my favourite Armour style has always been the Mark 5. The original halo for the mac and his slick black body is that has always appealed to me about the halo series. Every new incarnation of the Spartan suit always looked stupid and cartoonish in my eyes. The stupid chest plate, inflated armour pieces to emulate so faux muscular pattern, the seemingly cast iron texture, the slimy (glossy) frog green colour, etc
</blockquote></blockquote>
halofight.gif

<blockquote><blockquote>The master chief is high tech! His suit should be smooth and clean. It should be built out of complex and light weight materials and the cut of the armour should allow for free range of moment.

The mark 5 has all that.
91071_large.png

<blockquote><blockquote>...that is why I was disappointed when there was no good pepakura patterns for the Mark 5. There are pdo's, but all the edges are messed up, which makes assembling them an absolute chore. I've taken the whole halo one player model, re-deleted the under suit, split up and re-imported them into pepakura designer. I am slowly (read SLOWLY) working my way through each part and unfolding the models to make them much easier to put together (symmetrical whenever possible)

I have all the 3Ds files I broke the model up to on rapid share already.

I have just finished re-folding the chest plate and power pack and I will upload those shortly. If you want to jump ahead take those 3ds files and start upwrapping yourself.
I used the scale 25 and it seems to fix me pretty well (I am 6 1) but since I've only assembled the chest plate I am not 100% sure.
THE SUIT IS DONE.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FULL SET OF PDO FILES HERE

</div>
it wont let me open them says its corupted

I have a top secret project involving this suit atm. Ill let you guys know whats up if its sucsessfull. Models rock though!

Oh my God i am going to have a male orgy. I have another MarkV but it has to many pieces and to complicated. I love you in a none gay way!

mine is scaled right, but i think that the front is to big, because unless its set a certain way, you willl see my whole face(no visor as of yet) also did a halo 1 marine helmet(from the POA)

-FireDrakeArchon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back