The Mark 5 re-pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moz

<blockquote><blockquote> I must admit, my favourite Armour style has always been the Mark 5. The original halo for the mac and his slick black body is that has always appealed to me about the halo series. Every new incarnation of the Spartan suit always looked stupid and cartoonish in my eyes. The stupid chest plate, inflated armour pieces to emulate so faux muscular pattern, the seemingly cast iron texture, the slimy (glossy) frog green colour, etc
</blockquote></blockquote>
halofight.gif

<blockquote><blockquote>The master chief is high tech! His suit should be smooth and clean. It should be built out of complex and light weight materials and the cut of the armour should allow for free range of moment.

The mark 5 has all that.
91071_large.png

<blockquote><blockquote>...that is why I was disappointed when there was no good pepakura patterns for the Mark 5. There are pdo's, but all the edges are messed up, which makes assembling them an absolute chore. I've taken the whole halo one player model, re-deleted the under suit, split up and re-imported them into pepakura designer. I am slowly (read SLOWLY) working my way through each part and unfolding the models to make them much easier to put together (symmetrical whenever possible)

I have all the 3Ds files I broke the model up to on rapid share already.

I have just finished re-folding the chest plate and power pack and I will upload those shortly. If you want to jump ahead take those 3ds files and start upwrapping yourself.
I used the scale 25 and it seems to fix me pretty well (I am 6 1) but since I've only assembled the chest plate I am not 100% sure.
THE SUIT IS DONE.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FULL SET OF PDO FILES HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
The old one is definitely a pain. Nice to see folks take an interest in the Mk V.

I want to see some more avatars like mine :love:

diaper added

edit: boots added too. I think that is enough for now, I need to get lunch and run a bunch of errands, then I am on set tonight so the rest will wait until latter this week

I am currently building my MKVI, but I think this will be my next project. That and by the time Im done with my current project all the files will be finished and ready for download and printing. Thanks for doing all this!

shameful part about old games is that for the armor pieces show up only as textures and not a different piece of the model

There is a defect in the backpack on page 8, One of the edges of a polygon is off the margin by a cm. It's not a big problem thats why Im telling you here so you can fix it yourself, when they are all finished and I put them into one package I'll fix it.

Making the backpack right now myself.

Moz please finish i love how you are dedicated to work im not forcing you i just need a better model im trying to finish all the halo pepakura things.(including guns)

if i had time i can do it myself,, im really good at fixing 3d models and unfolding them,, but i have alot on my plate already,, i may have a little bit of time tomorrow, but i really want to make a wearable elite armor.. lol it will require some creativness for a human to wear tho.

got back from set, turns out one of the grips (movie lingo for lights and rigging) is a member of the 501st. We talked costumes!

Anyway, I've finished the helmet (out of order) but I'll post that last because I don't 100% think it actually works. (for some reason the MC1 helmet has this weird internal box that if I try and remove it it fucks up the shape of the helmet (the edge around the visor) I maybe will just have to cut it out when done.

I have to agree... the feel for halo 1 was great... I am doing the halo 1 marine out fit and if one day we meet I would be willing to be apart of your squad Chief... just don't kill me for ammo ....

Gopher11789 said:
I have to agree... the feel for halo 1 was great... I am doing the halo 1 marine out fit and if one day we meet I would be willing to be apart of your squad Chief... just don't kill me for ammo ....
Man i loved doing that until they got on the warthog and shot me with the turrent lol. Then i just lobed gernades but were OFF TOPIC.

dannifood4less said:
if i had time i can do it myself,, im really good at fixing 3d models and unfolding them,, but i have alot on my plate already,, i may have a little bit of time tomorrow, but i really want to make a wearable elite armor.. lol it will require some creativness for a human to wear tho.

DUDE, i was just thinking why isn't there people out there that want elite costumes. I'm mean people love them on XBL. Except for the fact that they suck in multiplayer games

Sarge Christi is infact working on an Elite costume right now. But I havn't seen any updates on it as of late.

drgon47 said:
Sarge Christi is infact working on an Elite costume right now. But I havn't seen any updates on it as of late.
Off topic anyways any progress moz?

I gave myself 2nd degree burns all along the length of my arm earlier today from boiling water, just got back from the hopistal.

No updates for awhile.

Everyone, all the right side patterns are messed up.

Seems when pepakura "flips" pattern it does a really crappy job of it. So all the right side patterns are overlapping pieces. Sorry about that. Will fix when I reupload them.

Leadingspartan said:
Man i loved doing that until they got on the warthog and shot me with the turrent lol. Then i just lobed gernades but were OFF TOPIC.

no "n" in turret

Moz said:
I must admit, my favourite Armour style has always been the Mark 5. The original halo for the mac and his slick black body is that has always appealed to me about the halo series. Every new incarnation of the Spartan suit always looked stupid and cartoonish in my eyes. The stupid chest plate, inflated armour pieces to emulate so faux muscular pattern, the seemingly cast iron texture, the slimy (glossy) frog green colour, etc
The master chief is high tech! His suit should be smooth and clean. It should be built out of complex and light weight materials and the cut of the armour should allow for free range of moment.

The mark 5 has all that.​

You're a mac user aren't you?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back