The Official 405th Q & A Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answer Xtreme. I might go with the Chavant, as I have actually found a store that sells it as the same price as the Klean Klay. I'm hoping to be able to order a trial kit for cheap though to try it out a bit.

Another noobish question:

Where do I turn if I have questions about how to use the forum or if I need to ask if something I want to post is appropriate? It seems the Q&A team are for creation issues, and I have understood that I'm not supposed to PM the mods if I can avoid it. For example, I want to change my signature to include wording that I am not sure if they are appropriate or not. If I'm close to the line, I don't want to find out that I crossed it by getting warned.

ChaosCharza said:
Now, I'm not a moderator, but I know the answer, so I'll take one for the team.

I had the exact same issue. Sadly, us mac users are out in the cold. We have two options: A. use a method to run actual Windows on a Mac, or B. Huddle in a corner and try to stay warm.

I wish it ran in Wine (a runtime that plays windows apps native, a la Crossover), but sadly, it can't run there either.

I'm actually running Boot Camp right now as I type so I could run Pepakura Viewer. I'm sorry, and I really wish there was another solution.

How was that?

so I've seen this up here before what exactly is Boot Camp and where do you find it?

Last edited by a moderator:
A short question about clay.

I'm using Chavant NSP medium for sculpting. For larger sculpts, I am going to purchase cheap styrofoam sheets in order to build up a base so I don't need an enourmous amount of clay. I'm guessing some sort of barrier between the clay and styrofoam would be appropriate, as to not have residue from the styrofoam in the clay afterwards. What material would be suitable for this?

hey, im lookin for a Pepakura model, but this site is confusing me :( i know im stupid >.> i dont need to be told. can someone point me to where i ask for models? Messages are prefered as im still not sure how to use this what im looking for is a Thor mech .pdo file, and watever other mechs. ALSO, is there any websites in say a tree form with pepakura Models. itl make this so much easier.

something like

Games://

Game1 List of available models with .pdo Downloads

Game2 List of available models with .pdo Downloads

Movies://

Movie 1 List of available models with .pdo Downloads

Movie 2 List of available models with .pdo Downloads

Shows and so on and so forth.

something like that would make this so much easier. if this forum were to incorporate something like that, Poof... no more nub questions about where things are, unless its posted ^^ thanks for reading and in the words of Gob "Please dont hit me" if i posted this wrong.

As for Pepakura models of something I think you are talking about from Mechwarrior I don't think any peps have been made for that at all. As for what you are talking about to where there are pep files that have been categorized in sectionns click on that VR Armors link at the bottom of my sig, join and see if theres anything there that catches your intrest.

Seburo said:
so I've seen this up here before what exactly is Boot Camp and where do you find it?

Charza here to the rescue!!! (sorry I'm late!)

Ok, here's the deal:

First off, you need a Intel Mac. What's an Intel Mac? Well, it's any recent Mac that was made after 2006 or so. The processor (or main chip that runs most of everything) is the exact same type that is on your standard PC. Previous Macs (e.g. anything with a ending like G5, G4, G3...) use the same type of processor that your standard 360 uses, thus cannot run standard Windows on its own.

Ok, so say you got your Intel Mac, well then, where is Boot Camp? Actually, it's under your nose. Boot Camp is a built-n function of all Mac OSes that run on Intel Machines. It makes it easier to let Windows run on a Mac. In order to do this, you need a copy of Windows XP with SP2 or later (like Vista or 7).

The process of installing Boot Camp is far beyond the scope of this site (Though, Most likely, I'll post a tutorial on Pep on Macs soon), so I'd suggest looking it up on Apple's Support site. It sure beats calling Apple and saying that your Compy's broken because "A guy on the internet taught me wrong" and I don't want any liability on my end, so best to stick with a supported method.

Word of advice:

If you really have no clue how to use Windows properly (e.g. staying away from viruses and installing programs and drivers), then this method most likely isn't for you, as setting up Boot Camp and troubleshooting (though Apple says it's easy) was a pain in the butt for me when I installed an early version of Windows 7.

Happy to Help,

ChaosCharza

I was wondering how to put a "progress avatar" into my signature. Also, how do i put in pics that i have taken of my armor into a post? It says that i have to get a picture from a URL, so ,naturally, i am a bit confused.

*EDIT* I figured all this out. I just had to do a bit of searching. :p

Hi I would like to know if anyone is working on the new needle rifle from reach i have two good photos here to use for reference heres the first
Needle_Rifle_right.jpg

and heres the second
Needle_Rifle_left.jpg

For all those that are wondering how to scale your armor, you may not have the right program. Anyone that doesn't have Pepakura Designer (i use the version 3) cannot scale their armor. And no, Pepakura Viewer 3 is not the same as Pepakura Designer 3. Here is the link to download Pepakura Designer 3, http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/, once there follow these steps:

1.) Click on the "Download" tab on the left side of the page.

2.) Click on the "Pepakura Designer" link.

3.) Click on the "Pepakura Designer Ver.3.0.7a installer (4.5MB)" button.

Note: The save and export functions are disabled before registering. Otherwise all functions work without limitation in the shareware version.

Registering is not free.

Hello, i was just wondering how to scale a scout helmet to fit me. If there is a standard size you recommended. When ever i put in the height of my head it auto fixes the scale and it wont let me enter in all of my info for head size (probably because if it did it would make the helmet weird) So if you could throw me any advice or tips that would be great thank you so much!

Hey I was wondering has anyone tried to make a Captain Cutter Unsc uniform. If they had could i see pictures and specs. on how it was done. I would like to make it myself so it looks authentic. Thanks for the trouble

I have a question about posting. I understand necro posting is a no no but if there is a tutorial or vid that had good info on it, is it really a bad thing to thank the person who posted it? Especially for us noobs who are just now going through the stickys....some of the posts started 3 years ago. Or should we just PM the person with a TY?

hello.

im going to do my first gun and i want to do a sniper rifle. i was wondering how i put the fibre galss matt on the iside of the barrel.

do i cut in half put in the fibre glass and then glue it togeather again or something like that.

any use full tips would be apeasheated as this is my first pepakura of any sort.

Thanks for your help.

THE DARK EAGEL.(any before you say any thing, the dark eagle was taked so i spellt eagle wrong deliberatly.)

Can anyone help me find pep files for the brute mauler. Looked on the Wiki and search bar found nothing. Please help if possible.

ApocalypeX said:
I would like to buy a replica weapon. How would I go about this?

In order to buy a replica weapon, you will have to achieve veterian status to access the buy/sell/trade section of the forums.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
In order to buy a replica weapon, you will have to achieve veterian status to access the buy/sell/trade section of the forums.

How long does that take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back