The Pillar of Autumn model

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so i worked on the Pillar alittle bit tonight, I am almost done with this semester of school so i will be able to finish it up fairly soon. I dont have any pics to post right now but I will in a day or two and you can all tell me what you think of it so far. I am totaly open to a little constructive critisism so let me know what you think, keep in mind that it is not an exact replica of the ship, because that would require a much larger budget, and a whole lot more time.

Eternal, I like how you started this using the egg crate method. I have the building plans to make a 1:1 scale lamborghini kit car body and interior (one of many projects I may never get to).

Ironically thats how the kit car industry make the kit cars. 1st accurate 3 model, a cad desinger turining it into the egg crate form, then they shoot it with glass.

You definately have alot of talent! :mrgreen:

Good work!

DM

That sounds like a freakin awesome project, its always something i have thought about, cause i am pretty savy when it come to cars too.

he he, youll ned ALOT of plywood, and a big garage ;-)

After they do the eg crate, they staple window screen to to the playwood edges, to make the form. and start spraying. then buy your self a pontiac fiero, and strip it of it body work, cut the frame just forward of the rear wheels, and weld in a 5" extansion stretching the chassis, and mount the body you made on it.

But back to topic. I love what your doing including the lights. I want to do the same thing but make a 3 foot Battle star, Galactica. he he

I guess I ll have to go find a 3d model for that too, and pepakura it too! LOL

The lamborghini i dea sonds sweet i figured that a donor car was involved, unless you know how to make a completely custom frame, which is actually done more often than you think for this kind of thing, I think if i ever did do that i might take some artistic license and mod my lamborghini body a bit and rename it the Eternal eddition! lol

HE HE Id love to see that!

Id love to make a custom voice alarm system using the ED-209 voice from Robo Cop. LOL Imagine the theif freaking out thinking the car was about to self destruct. LOL

I cannot wait to see this finished! Maybe once its fiinished you can toss up a quick short vid of a flyby! Maybe hang it on fishing line. LOL

I cant wait to see it! Maybe a repeat of the opening scene in Halo Combat evolved? hmm

Well this model is being built for Chewdog's Fan Film so it will be in a movie that i think will be posted on the internet and i hope in these forums. any way i am gonna try to take a little video myself before i pass it off to them for the film.

Any way here are some progress pics as of today.

The things i have left to do are
- armor plate around bottom rear engine
- Front 2 modules
- the Bridge
and a handfull of detail work

5-13-07progress.jpg

See why do I have to have ajob,.. darnit, with enough free time I could do stuff like this! Maybe send my portfolio into lucasfilm/arts or bungie, or midway/ epic.

Damn that would a nice job. Get to play all day, and get paid for it!
:heart:

Ya it does in that game but i think Chewdogs film is more of a story of an in space encounter with the covenant. I dont think it will be blowing up.

OK so i spent from 9am untill 4pm woring on the last two sections of the ship today, I have to still make the armor plate for the bottoe engine in the back and make the gun's or whatever they are at the very front of the ship, and do some detail work, and then i will hang it and take some realy good pics of it and maybe some video and then it will be sent away to Chewdog for his Fan Film. This Project is a Love Hate relation ship, I am happy and sad to see it go at the same time, I am Happy That I am almost done and that I will be able to take a break from all my projects and breath, but i have put so much into this ship i am sad to see it just go a few days after it's completion =( . That is why i want to do some good documentation of it for my self, And Chewdog is supposed to get me a copy of the film once it is all said and done. Here are the most recent pics as on 6/17/07.

6-17-07-1.jpg
000Pillarside.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back