The Pillar of Autumn model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. You know i think that i like the fact that its not a straight rip from the game. I like the originality and real look.

Ya thanks Sean i had seen that before they put it on HBO. it has been a good referance guide ta all the seperate sections and such but he does do a good amount of elaborating on the game model. The first to pictures on my first page ( the light grey ship ) is this same model by infinity loop.

Time for an update. I have just started to build up th skin over the mid section's skeleton where the windows are, and i have started to install the lighting that will illuminate The Pillar Of Autumn from within!

The first picture here is of the battery powered stringlight LEDs that will light the windows in the mid and front portions of the ship ( they are not secured in place, just to give you the idea), it taked 4 AAs and has 16 lights on the string.

The other pictures are of the lights that will make the Pillar's Engines roar to life. They are a simple battery powered LED puck light (one bulb) that emits a good amount of light with the right pattern for the job, and is powered by 3 AAA batterys very light weight too. all you have to do to turn them on is open the engine and push on it a little. and say LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!! jk about the last part. :Steve:

Lighting.jpg

Totally sweet.
I wish I could create things as good as you.

Too bad you model cant be 100% acurate though.

:fencing:

Ya well when you are modeling based off of some crappy in game graffics to make your model there will almost always be some give and take on the design, and since this is for a fan film not tecnhically licenced by bungie it has to have 7 things different from the original ( i think) in order to be legal. This film will probably not be breaking any copyrighting because it won't be sold as far as i know but you should always be on the safe side of things.

Ok her is an update on the model 3/23 :mrgreen:

- I have mounted the main engines and created the supports for the remaining 4 smaller boosters on the sides.
- I have got all the string light mounted the way i want them and the switch is hidden on the bottom of the ship.
- I have created the hanger areas at the bottom that will be detailed later on.
- and i have started on the next section of the body toward the front.

323.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back