The Quest for the Best Suit!

Benton188

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
UPDATE!!
The "Giant Space Diaper" is done, along with one of the thighs. I also received my new sniper bullets and grenades from the very generous Rock Lobbster as well as another surprise I'll show down the road. I also have one pull from the visor buck using the vacuum former I built a few weeks back. It was almost good, but the plastic wasn't quite up to temperature so the edges near the bottom didn't get pulled taut enough. I plan on doing another pull this weekend after fixing the heat box, and maybe getting around to finishing the other thigh piece. These legs are moving right along.
20201003_224312.jpg 20201005_195910.jpg 20201008_184945.jpg 20201004_134906.jpg

Benton188

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
UPDATE!!
Thighs are done and now shins are done as well. Up next are the boots, then the undersuit pieces (Ab wrap, neckseal, spine bits, shoulder pieces, and maybe a few other spots.) Currently on a break from building though to finish a few home re-modelling things, but will hopefully resume with the boots starting next week.
20201016_201125.jpg
Spartan_3.jpg

master_colt_117

UPDATE!!
Thighs are done and now shins are done as well. Up next are the boots, then the undersuit pieces (Ab wrap, neckseal, spine bits, shoulder pieces, and maybe a few other spots.) Currently on a break from building though to finish a few home re-modelling things, but will hopefully resume with the boots starting next week.
View attachment 298240
View attachment 298241
Looks legit dude!!

Benton188

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
UPDATE!!
Boots are done, which means all the main armor components are complete! I even went ahead and gave all the pieces a good Plasti-dip....dip. So they can move on to being painted here during the Winter months. More importantly however, is I finally got the perfect visor pull on the vacuum bed for the visor. Dropped that sucker in the forbidden Velvet Cheese Soup, and gave the inside a spray of Alclad II (Spray can edition). Took 3 nights to paint, wash, and weather the helmet and install the visor. And other than a few minor touches left, I can properly say that for the first time (I think ever) in history there is a proper completed 1:1 game accurate Halo Reach Security Helmet. I've never seen one before this, other than my other 2 versions which were nowhere close. (Can someone fact check this please lol)
CIMG7223.JPG

TurboCharizard

Division PR, RMO and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
I can properly say that for the first time (I think ever) in history there is a proper completed 1:1 game accurate Halo Reach Security Helmet. I've never seen one before this, other than my other 2 versions which were nowhere close. (Can someone fact check this please lol)
I know pipninja is hot on your heels but you get to scream first.