The RPF was hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade88

I am not sure if anyone else here frequents The Replica Prop Forums, (The RPF), but it was hacked several days ago. If you have an account, here is a warning from one of the rpf staff members Montagar:

*******VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE*******

"DO NOT USE -WWW.THERPF.COM or THERPF.COM

ONLY USE -WWW.THEREPLICAPROPFORUM.COM

There is a FAKE SITE at -www.therpf.com

They have your password (with a little work), regardless of whether you have logged into the fake site or not. So you need to change your password... AND PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU SEE -www.thereplicapropforum.com in your address bar when you change your password.

We do not know the extent of what they have and don't have, so just assume that they have EVERYTHING (password, email address, saved pm's, etc).

ALSO, not everyone will see the fake site yet... it can take up to 48 hours for the DNS changes to propagate... so please just stop using/testing therpf.com at all.
"

did they get hunters lair as well? I'm getting some sort of database error when I try to go there.

great this sucks =( they better not get the hunterslair, soaringhammer, or here
we don't need to get hacked again

sorry for double post but i just checked the hunterslair and i think it is hacked, the website is down =( pretty sure they got my email

Crud. Too many prop websites targeted... I would suggest changing email passwords if needed.

I went ahead and changed all of my passwords a few days ago. :)

Btw, The (real) RPF is down tonight to test there backup systems, so nothing bad happened.

Effin' GREAT! I didn't get the first e-mail, so I didn't find out about it until today. If they have passwords, they've had mine for at least two weeks. Hope I remembered to use a different one there.

The hacker targeted The RPF for profit, to try to get Art Andrews to pay him to get the website domain name back, but The RPF staff members were smart enough to have a back up ready in case something happened to the main site. :)

Kudos to the staff members at The RPF! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back