The Traveling Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
TH3 FETT MAN, If we are signing with Forumname,RL name and GT I would like to tell you over MSN, If not just sign it with my forum name ^^.

Hey Nintendude I love this idea! :D. I would be absolutely be willing to sign the helmet. I love Bungie and I'll pay for shipping. You know where I live lol.

Sindrieve the username will go on the helmet, if the person wishes to there will be a piece pf paper which people will put thier username, real name and state and/or country they are from if that helps your question.

Cortana I got you added. Milky thanks for sending your address right now I am cataloguing all the addresses for the future when this starts.

Guys, we've got a problem. By doing some simple math with UPS's shipping time estimates, with 37 people, it would take 222 days to get the helmet to 37 people and back. That's with ground shipping, which takes an average of 5 days transit time to anywhere in the continental US, not to mention what UPS considers "Processing time" which is pretty much a day in itself.

I waslooking at USPS on the shipping if people can do that, if not go with whatever works best. Dairyboy no I don't have your address, Devious I'll make the changes as soon as I can. If the helmet is late so be it but since it is a gift to Bungie for all they have done for us I don't think they will mind how late it is past the release of Reach, I am sure they will just enjoy what the fans have done for them.

Holy cheeses, Batman!

HeavyGunner's right.

Maybe we should just write our names on tiny pieces of paper and have Nintendude glue 'em on the helmet....

I waslooking at USPS on the shipping if people can do that, if not go with whatever works best. Dairyboy no I don't have your address, Devious I'll make the changes as soon as I can. If the helmet is late so be it but since it is a gift to Bungie for all they have done for us I don't think they will mind how late it is past the release of Reach, I am sure they will just enjoy what the fans have done for them.

Ahh ok. I was thinking Reach's release, but if it takes longer, that's cool by me too. It does give me a bit of apprehension though. 2/3 of a year around the country, with nothing but an honor system in place? I have faith in most people here, but it still does give me a bit of a shiver.

Actually after talking to the postmaster here where I live as long as the Helmet stays on a course lets say going from one stat eto another neighboring state it can be to each next person 3-4 days after mailing whether you go USPS or UPS , Priority or First Class it will still get to the next state if it is right next to the state it is mailing from in a short time period, the longest we will wait from what the postmaster here told me is when it goes to Canada and back which from what the person told me would be about 2 days plus what I stated earlier if it's coming from a state next to the border. From what they could tell me with the amount of names, and this was only a guess to them that it could take it's journey and be done in about 3 months with it's travel.

I live in Tennessee. i had thought that for cost wise it would be good if say i get it then send it to another in TN and across the state then the last person sends it to the next state that kinda thing to cut down on costs. Someone may have said this before but its hard for me to read all the posts on my ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back