THE UNSC 405TH INFANTRY (Halo's 501st like fan club)!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think that we should include any of the weapons into the membership........some of the weapons cost us money

link4044 said:
i dont think that we should include any of the weapons into the membership........some of the weapons cost us money

Was just thinking that plus it sounds like a little much doesn't it? considering how many of us there may be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like his ideas of packages though, I was thinking that the weapon might be a little TOO much.

But, as is, we can stay with the package we've kinda got.
We don't want to go overboard on expense. That'd suck.

atm we should keep it simple, since we are just getting started. so for now i think we should just stick to the dog tag, patch, decal/stencil and possibly the ID, for the package

FinAeros said:
Before we start selling anything it needs to be decided whom in the group has access to the funds, whom the funds will be made payable to, how said funds will be kept, how large of a principle investment is needed for set up and initial operations, unit pricing for everything to be included in the membership package, and how much continued operations will cost.

There's also the possibility of membership packages with the same name as the in game difficulties.

For Example, and only for the gist of an example:
Easy - $X - Basic 405th Membership, including access to the group site(s), access to tutorials, dog tags, group discount prices and inclusion into the "priority list"* for associated vendors.
Normal - $X*1.5 - All of the above, and includes patch and decal.
Heroic - $X*2 - All of the above, and includes a resin Halo logo.
Legendary - $X*4 to $X*6 depending on contents - All of the above, and includes a second patch, a second decal, and a cast Pistol (The Link/Sean collaboration or the airsoft mod kit) or AR (Adam's).

So, if X were $15, then it'd be $15, 22.5, 30, and 60 to 90 respectively. Yes, the $X*[VAL] is a formula. Those prices are just as an example of how the formula would work, and would are not indicative of what I think the prices should be.

* - Discounts iff (that's an if and only if for non-math people) the guys whom make stuff agree, maybe 5% to 10% depending on the item or a flat rate to be decided. Priority List does not exist yet, but if you makers are willing it would be if two orders come in at the same time, and if one of them is a 405th member while the other is not then the 405ther's order will be filled first. It doesn't mean that the oder order will be ignored, or that 405thers will be bumped to the top of the queue, but it does give a little benefit.

ADDENDUM:
Yes, I know the weapons cost a bit to produce. I'm not talking one of LINK's AR props, but one of the cast ones. I'm not saying this is what SHOULD be in the packages, but an example of what a package might contain beyond access, ID, and all that jazz. The "Easy" membership could be for people just getting started.

Also, there could be an upgrade option that would be the difference between the level you "enroll" at and the next level you want to obtain. Possibly excluding legendary.

EDIT: Fixed my maths. I'd originally had Legendary as a 3X instead of 4X (And I added a to 6X)

And most of the people joining will have already made or puchased their desired weapons, lets not make it more complicated

I've edited my prior post.

While I agree you don't want a package priced at $400, I was merely trying to convey a general gist of an idea.

And no, Link, I didn't mean your AR set. Either the basic "make it yourself" kit or through including an assembled "kick ass master detailing with electronics" kit. I was thinking mainly of Adam's casted product.

The largest part of the price of cast reproduction props here is compensation for time for making the item, past time spent to complete the mould, and compensation for overhead from making the moulds and stuff. AFAIK, the actual cast material isn't going for $20 an oz. So, theoretically, once your overhead is covered (say, 40 to 60 models down the line) the price could drop to just cover time, materials, and a small % extra. IFF the group gets even fractionally as well established as the 501st, it's quite probable that you guys will not only be getting a fair number of orders, but competition as well. And while having a high quality product is awesome, most people will go for something that's not necessarily as good but is more convenient in pricing and production.

Please excuse this double post.... I forgot to C+P and edit it into my prior post.

FAII3N ANG3I said:
FinAeros said:
Before we start selling anything it needs to be decided whom in the group has access to the funds, whom the funds will be made payable to, how said funds will be kept, how large of a principle investment is needed for set up and initial operations, unit pricing for everything to be included in the membership package, and how much continued operations will cost.

There's also the possibility of membership packages with the same name as the in game difficulties.

Easy - $X - Basic 405th Membership, including access to the group site(s), access to tutorials, dog tags, group discount prices and inclusion into the "priority list"* for associated vendors.
Legendary - $X*4 to $X*6 depending on contents - All of the above, and includes a second patch, a second decal, and a cast Pistol (The Link/Sean collaboration or the airsoft mod kit) or AR (Adam's).

So, if X were $15, then it'd be $15, 22.5, 30, and 60 to 90 respectively. Yes, the $X*[VAL] is a formula. Those prices are just as an example of how the formula would work, and would are not indicative of what I think the prices should be.

* - Discounts iff (that's an if and only if for non-math people) the guys whom make stuff agree, maybe 5% to 10% depending on the item or a flat rate to be decided. Priority List does not exist yet, but if you makers are willing it would be if two orders come in at the same time, and if one of them is a 405th member while the other is not then the 405ther's order will be filled first. It doesn't mean that the oder order will be ignored, or that 405thers will be bumped to the top of the queue, but it does give a little benefit.

ADDENDUM:
Yes, I know the weapons cost a bit to produce. I'm not talking one of LINK's AR props, but one of the cast ones. I'm not saying this is what SHOULD be in the packages, but an example of what a package might contain beyond access, ID, and all that jazz. The "Easy" membership could be for people just getting started.

Also, there could be an upgrade option that would be the difference between the level you "enroll" at and the next level you want to obtain. Possibly excluding legendary.

EDIT: Fixed my maths. I'd originally had Legendary as a 3X instead of 4X (And I added a to 6X)

And most of the people joining will have already made or puchased their desired weapons, lets not make it more complicated

First, it was only for the idea of the concept, not an actual "this is what you all should do" example. I used concrete items because most people can't grasp the concept of a "representative unique item A or item B" that doesn't have to be a "Master Grade" prop. So, I used stuff that people on here could picture (assuming they've read more than the topics active in the last week).

Secondly, most of the people currently interested in joining, yes, but what about those that may join in the future that haven't? And what about those that have props but they aren't really high quality. Assuming that they use the exact example as I provided in literality, then someone whom has an AR mock up already could get a side arm with their Legendary purchase. OR, someone who's done another weapon could get an AR.

Hell, you don't even have to give an item, you could include access to more detailed tutorials with a Legendary membership.

IFF they even do a tiered membership (that in no way is represented on the discussion boards), it's ultimately up to The Guys In Charge what the details are. Hell, it was AN idea so I thought I'd voice it while we're still in the conceptual phases.

why does everyone think were going to get hundreds and hundreds of people??? star wars has more fans than halo, and it took them many years to get were they are now, not many others that arent on this site will have armor, and even if they do it will take a while for them to find out about us, plus most of the people on this site don't even have armor, so when you say, you'll have to make mass supplies of the dog tags, badges, decal AR cast ect. that may be true for the first week that we get the green light, (because of all the people joing from this thread) but after that it will be a slow proccess for a while.

we could do:

easy= age below 16, not all access
normal= for people who have arnor and are 16+ which would give them most access.
Heroic= The Mods giving them full access
Legendary for the Admin= Giving them access and control

(and all the memberships could be upgaded, with permishion of admin)

i dont think adam would want to add his AR into the memebership either....the cost will go up and the cost of materail might go up also (it depends on the oil) plus the more you cast form one mould the more the mould will deteriorate and the casting will lose its detailing
you might get 2 years out of a mould but if we get alot of memebers in one year say a hundred that mould will get destory really fast

I honestly think you guys are trying to move way way to fast. I think what we need initally.

Rules.
Some Sort of ranking system. eg, spartan number and class.
A basic website with some info about us and a big banner that says Were still building this thing, so just give it some time.

Trying to tackle as many things as you guys are right now, is going to end badly. Your going to get burnt out on it and then the project will die.

Lets just go a little bit slower...

They're just doing things at their pace, so just let them do what they're doing so we don't put to much pressure on them.

link4044 said:
i dont think adam would want to add his AR into the memebership either....the cost will go up and the cost of materail might go up also (it depends on the oil) plus the more you cast form one mould the more the mould will deteriorate and the casting will lose its detailing
you might get 2 years out of a mould but if we get alot of memebers in one year say a hundred that mould will get destory really fast

True.

But of that 100 orders, if you're pricing the pieces accordingly, you'll be able to make back the cost of the moulding supplies plus production costs plus a little bit of living expenses. While you can't currently make a living off of supplying Halo props alone, it shouldn't be bankrupting anyone. Also, typically the cost of products go down in bulk orders. So if 100 pieces were commissioned, the per piece expenditure should lower marginally. Plus, at the risk of sounding like an ass, you wouldn't be giving out your highest quality pieces with my proposed idea anyway. Though I should probably clarify that even more.....

I'm trying to split my thinking with both the immediate future, which is fairly well covered by other peoples' considerations, and thoughts about further on. And once more all my suggestions are just that, suggestions, me merely voicing one idea. Which y'all are more and more pointing out (if not down right attacking) the concept on the specifics, I haven't seen fair consideration of the general sense.

And Fallen,

With the mass up front ordering scheme, it's smartest to recoup your costs from the guaranteed orders while allowing for say, a third of the order to be overage or for later use. Plus there's not just the physical goods to consider, there's server hosting fees and bandwidth fees and co-location fees and maintenance and all of that is on top of the costs for producing patches, tags, stencils, and other goodies.

okay, so what is your final ide/ideas on the memberships? and what comes with it...

P.S. i wont be back tell 8:30pm here cuz of band camp :evil:

<div class='quotetop'>(FinAeros)</div><div class='quotemain'>Before we start selling anything it needs to be decided whom in the group has access to the funds, whom the funds will be made payable to, how said funds will be kept, how large of a principle investment is needed for set up and initial operations, unit pricing for everything to be included in the membership package, and how much continued operations will cost.

Legendary - $X*4 to $X*6 depending on contents - All of the above, and includes a second patch, a second decal, and a cast Pistol (Links, or the Link/Sean high detail collaboration {for a fraction more?} or the airsoft mod kit) or AR (Low detail from Adam's or something off of a vacuum form).

So, if X were $15, then it'd be $15, 22.5, 30, and 60 to 90 respectively. Or, for a $20 base, it'd be 20, 30, 40, and 80-120. Yes, the $X*[VAL] is a formula. Those prices are just as an example of how the formula would work, and would are not indicative of what I think the prices should be.

ADDENDUM:

Further Edit:
I am the master of Parenthetical Commenting. >,<.</div>

:ORIGINAL CONTENT BEGINS HERE:

To explain in a general sense what I'm trying to suggest in the quoted post for future structuring, assuming we go to a paid membership plan....

Option 1) Flat membership w/ patches, decals, etc. at a fixed one time ammount.

Option 2) Above membership, but with an annual fee of a fraction of the cost.

Option 3) A 4 tiered membership (5 if you count our Overlords), with membership tiers not disclosed through the site. The least expensive tier getting common access to the group sites and a membership indicating item like Dog Tags or a set of Personal ID cards (like business cards) to give away to spark interest, and this tier would not require a set armor. The second tier would get exactly the same thing as the first plus an additional patch and decal, and starting with this tier it would require some kind of armor. The third tier would be as the prior, but with access to slightly more explicit tutorials as a possibility, or a further possibility is to get some sort of easily cast, relatively inexpensive to produce, prop i.e. the Halo Logo or a Grenade replica. OR, as a further i.e. with the third tier, you could get a flag, or something, once again, relatively easy and inexpensive to produce. A fourth tier, at least twice the cost of the tier prior, would consist of all the prior, except possibly the bonus item of the third tier, with more access to the "private tutorial area" and a larger, or more detailed, item available. OR, listing on the site as a Legendary Contributer, having lifetime access to areas and information. OR some other way to say "Thank You" that The Guys In Charge (Lords? Fleet Admirals? Overlords? Supreme Commanders?) decide is a good idea and that can be done.

Option 3a) As above, but with free membership to the forums, and broader aspect by membership tier.

Option 3b) As above, but with props at an additional cost that is lower than their separate purchase price.

Option 3d) Combination of 3a and 3b.

Option 4) No paid membership, but members have the ability to purchase group specific items.

Option 4a) As 4, but with donors getting "free" P.ID cards to disseminate.

Additional Services that could be available to members:

1) A "Priority List" or "Favoured List" with the affiliated propers.

2) A "Private Tutorial" section of the site for members.

3) Dedicated assistance area for problems that arise during fabrication.

4) Some small % discount from affiliated propers, not to reduce the cost of the piece below production costs.

5) Lists of affiliated prop productions and group exclusive armorers. Call them our "Songnam Arms."

6) Affiliated propers being paid a small amount to provide "discounted" items.

6a) Affiliated propers getting free basic or discounted memberships.

7) If 6 doesn't occur, then Affiliated propers could be charged a small, single figure, amount for advertising or a small % of commissions by referrals from the group.

Does any of that make sense now? Or was it better off when I gave specific examples of a general type?

Sarge Christi said:
Spartan-118.
Let us discuss the underage spartan thing, ok?

There are many reasons for the age limit being what it is. But, we will discuss it.

So we cant go to the same conventions the 405th go to? Even if we get parent/guardian to go to?

Spartan-118 said:
Sarge Christi said:
Spartan-118.
Let us discuss the underage spartan thing, ok?

There are many reasons for the age limit being what it is. But, we will discuss it.

So we cant go to the same conventions the 405th go to? Even if we get parent/guardian to go to?

you can go to any convention you want to, you just wont represent the 405th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back