The WETA helmet - Where is it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello all

I a bored out of my mind right now so I thought I would post this thought I had.

Most of you should be familiar with the WETA halo 3 short film "Landfall" . Well we all know just how awsome the costumes poduced for that film are. My question is, Where is it now? Even if its just the helmet, It makes a person wonder what they did with it after the were done with filming. I would love for somene to get ahold of the mold even.

Are you referring to the ODST helmet, or Marine helmet? To the best of my knowledge, those were the only two UNSC figures featured in the Landfall shorts.

And to recast them would bring a hellfire of crap upon us :p WETA is a big company and I doubt they'd be pleased with people doing re-casts.

By the way, if you've never seen a Weta before...

bug-and-butterfly-garden-weta.jpg

And to recast them would bring a hellfire of crap upon us :p WETA is a big company and I doubt they'd be pleased with people doing re-casts.

By the way, if you've never seen a Weta before...

bug-and-butterfly-garden-weta.jpg

HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS BIG!
Yeah I'm sure that they would not like us too much if someone decided to recast...

HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS BIG!
Haha. Most aren't that big. The common ones like i could go out and find in my back yard probably average anout 5 cm long and their bodies are more elongated than the one it the pic above. Saying that there are some other areas in New Zealand where you can find ones that big, but they are quite rare and often live in caves making them harder to find if that makes sense.

I was speaking of the odst. And I did not mean recast, I ment if someone aquired the molds legaly lol Thank you for answering my question though!

Sorry I wasnt clear in teh first post. I ment where are the molds and the helmets now?

Its probably just like the starwars stuff all in storage in skywalker ranch. In this case the stuff would probably stored at the weta studios storage area

They're probably all in storage since I'm sure they make a ton of things and have a huge warehouse of all the things they make. I'm sure whoever commissions them to make it has an agreement, of whether they keep the final product or WETA gets to keep it but the hiring company has exclusive rights to it and what not.

Besides that, they make epic gear.

I believe they are still at Weta Workshop's Warehouse in Miramar, Wellington, New Zealand.
I can remember there being a fire there last year though... possibly they were destroyed or severely burnt. But I'm sure they would still have the original moulds.

-Did you know that Weta Handcrafts all of their Prop pieces???-

I believe they are still at Weta Workshop's Warehouse in Miramar, Wellington, New Zealand.
I can remember there being a fire there last year though... possibly they were destroyed or severely burnt. But I'm sure they would still have the original moulds.

-Did you know that Weta Handcrafts all of their Prop pieces???-

You mean they made that awsome ODST helmet BY HAND?!?!?!?!??!? MY GOSH! Pure TALENT!

Yea, Weta have expert craftsmen. For the props used in Lord of the Rings series and Narnia they hand forged/crafted for the main characters and for extras used casts.

As for Landfall they got blueprints and schematics from bungie and handcrafted the originals out of High density foams or possibly clay. For the guns they might have used the mechanisms from existing guns and built an outer shell.
As for the Working Warthog they built that from scratch- one of a kind. Working 30 cal as well.

Check out their website, they might have some details there... http://www.wetanz.com/weta-workshop-services/

Yea, Weta have expert craftsmen. For the props used in Lord of the Rings series and Narnia they hand forged/crafted for the main characters and for extras used casts.

As for Landfall they got blueprints and schematics from bungie and handcrafted the originals out of High density foams or possibly clay. For the guns they might have used the mechanisms from existing guns and built an outer shell.
As for the Working Warthog they built that from scratch- one of a kind. Working 30 cal as well.

Check out their website, they might have some details there... http://www.wetanz.com/weta-workshop-services/

Wow! That is amazing!

-_- I set myself up for that one...

Yes sir you did lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back