Pros and Cons, please?

I like the Zune for the following:
-Cooler than an iPod
-Microsoft
-Halo 3 themes!
-30 gig version and an 80 gig, both less than your standard iPod
-Can play games, view movies, and pictures

Cons:
-Doesn't support iTunes, which I currently use. No problem, I'll just convert 'em all to WMA (which the Zune supports)
CNET reviewed it and gave it an 8.

you like that it has less gig-age then an Ipod? o_O

Whatever, I don't really know about a Zune, Ipod is the original, Zune is a knock-off, not trying to be an apple-tard or anything like that, that is just how it is.

Then again, I don't have either of them.

Whatever works for you, either way that type of memory storage is more then enough for several hundred songs, which I probably wouldn't even be able to get half of even if I tried. Tech these days is so advanced you got thousands of songs in tiny little devices small enough to fit in your pocket.

Zune2:

Pros:
Shiny, new interface, games, text messaging, wifi sharing, wifi syncing

Cons: Shiny means fingerprints and scratches, isnt an ipod, cant be used on a mac.

Ipod Classic:

Pros: Scratch proof on the body, it's a freakin ipod, 80gig for 50 bucks less

Cons: laggy interface, blocks tv out, no wifi syncing, small screen compared to the zune.

I'm buying an ipod touch soon, unless ms comes out with a zune touch.

The original Zune has the new interface if you update to it, really it will do everything the new one does, but just have 30gig, so if space isnt an issue for you, go buy a old zune with 30gig and update it's firmware to the new zune2.

AoBfrost said:
The original Zune has the new interface if you update to it, really it will do everything the new one does, but just have 30gig, so if space isnt an issue for you, go buy a old zune with 30gig and update it's firmware to the new zune2.
Id sell my Zune30 gig with some stuff like Travel Case and AC charger

Last edited by a moderator:
The new one has TV out, not sure if it comes with AV cables or not, but it is nice to see your music/vids on the big screen once in a while.

i love my zune more than i did my Ipod
i got a 30g one and i havnt had any errors with it like i did with my IPod and the fact that it was cheaper for to get one than to get a ipod 2gig didnt no you could get games on one though

AoBfrost said:
Where do i update it, i really don't care mine is the halo 3 zune so its one of the rarest. It has games on there now?

Download zune software, update firmware, not 100% sure where, but my friend's zune is bassically the zune 2 now with only 30gig, he bought his when it first came out and updated it recently to 2.1

AoBfrost said:
Download zune software, update firmware, not 100% sure where, but my friend's zune is bassically the zune 2 now with only 30gig, he bought his when it first came out and updated it recently to 2.1
Could you ask him where he updated it my zune thing doesnt have an update button....

I got the original one and it is preety cool i got the updates its preety cool so I don't gotta be jealous about the new stuff on the new Zune and the original dosen't leave finger prints really unless you touch the screen and why would you need an 80 gig mp3 that is kinda ridicolous for an mp3 and i got that mini portable speakers which is just the right fit for the zune it dose not like flop around in the holder like the 2 gig ipod nano. So if I were you I would buy it :p :p :p .

Dedrick said:
I got the original one and it is preety cool i got the updates its preety cool so I don't gotta be jealous about the new stuff on the new Zune and the original dosen't leave finger prints really unless you touch the screen and why would you need an 80 gig mp3 that is kinda ridicolous for an mp3 and i got that mini portable speakers which is just the right fit for the zune it dose not like flop around in the holder like the 2 gig ipod nano. So if I were you I would buy it :p :p :p .
I want the bigger screen and the newer model. so if i didnt want the biger screen i would have her get me the 4 or 8 gig

Ares said:
How much are Zunes? I would like the prices of both 30 and 80 gig editions.

Its 250 dollars for the original and I'm not sure for the new one though but I think it is more than the original.

Dedrick said:
Its 250 dollars for the original and I'm not sure for the new one though but I think it is more than the original.
the old zune is 180 at some stores, 200 for now at some, I saw a zune signe for "ZUNE 2 COMMING NEXT WEEK, 250$ 80gig model"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back