TheBraus's urbanmech from the mechwarrior series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................................

Its been too long for an update. Progress has been made.

I might actually have a robot come comicpalooza if I keep this pace up.

1582345067932.png

Since my last update we had a car chase roll through my neighborhood. The car lost, the chasers won. Parts everywhere. Good fun for the facebook group. There are 4 exits to our subdivision, maybe 5. If you turn into this neck of the woods and don't know it, you're gonna get stuck in a feedback loop of where the heck am I? We've passed that house 3 times!!!"

Hilarity ensues. If you're being chased by the police, use google maps guys. Might save you on a call to your insurance agent.

1582345428671.png

I found this at work. It apparently makes holes if the box isn't lying. I didn't check.

1582345493552.png

How can I leave this chunk out!. We found a compressed air cannon at work as well! Things were very productive right up until this point.

No, we didn't shoot it.

1582345585420.png

I found a dorklift.

1582345627999.png

I printed a pokeball that everyone said would fail. Guess what? Winning.

*scrolls through tabs to see what thread hes in*

Oh. Yeah. The trashcan.

1582345711970.png

*WHEN WE LAST SAW OUR HERO HE WAS SITTING IN MY KITCHEN, LITTLE DID HE KNOW A CATASTROPHE WAS ON THE BRINK OF BEING A CATASTROPHE!!!!*

1582345778866.png

It sure bonded now, didn't it. I was in the military, and I work construction. I've been there. I don't judge.

1582345871222.png

Fixed the SRM mount with magnets!

1582345901168.png

Yeah, I agree, that looks sick.

1582345964156.png

TurboCharizard talked about building a trashcan for funsies so I made him a wiring diagram.

Wiring is complicated.

1582346018167.png

We have a HUD. Yes, thats a beer box, yes, I have a problem, No, I don't want to talk about it.

1582346319935.png

Uhhhh, I had an idea.

1582346431189.png

Oh God that was the best idea ever.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................................

Its been too long for an update. Progress has been made.

I might actually have a robot come comicpalooza if I keep this pace up.

View attachment 284988

Since my last update we had a car chase roll through my neighborhood. The car lost, the chasers won. Parts everywhere. Good fun for the facebook group. There are 4 exits to our subdivision, maybe 5. If you turn into this neck of the woods and don't know it, you're gonna get stuck in a feedback loop of where the heck am I? We've passed that house 3 times!!!"

Hilarity ensues. If you're being chased by the police, use google maps guys. Might save you on a call to your insurance agent.

View attachment 284995

I found this at work. It apparently makes holes if the box isn't lying. I didn't check.

View attachment 284996

How can I leave this chunk out!. We found a compressed air cannon at work as well! Things were very productive right up until this point.

No, we didn't shoot it.

View attachment 284997

I found a dorklift.

View attachment 284998

I printed a pokeball that everyone said would fail. Guess what? Winning.

*scrolls through tabs to see what thread hes in*

Oh. Yeah. The trashcan.

View attachment 284999

*WHEN WE LAST SAW OUR HERO HE WAS SITTING IN MY KITCHEN, LITTLE DID HE KNOW A CATASTROPHE WAS ON THE BRINK OF BEING A CATASTROPHE!!!!*

View attachment 285000

It sure bonded now, didn't it. I was in the military, and I work construction. I've been there. I don't judge.

View attachment 285001

Fixed the SRM mount with magnets!

View attachment 285002

Yeah, I agree, that looks sick.

View attachment 285004

TurboCharizard talked about building a trashcan for funsies so I made him a wiring diagram.

Wiring is complicated.

View attachment 285005

We have a HUD. Yes, thats a beer box, yes, I have a problem, No, I don't want to talk about it.

View attachment 285007

Uhhhh, I had an idea.

View attachment 285008

Oh God that was the best idea ever.

I appreciate your wiring diagram. It warms my heart after seeing some wire spaghetti this week.

I appreciate your wiring diagram. It warms my heart after seeing some wire spaghetti this week.

Yeah. Wiring is hard.

This thread makes me chuckle.

FIRE ZE BEER MISSILES!

If you really want to have it shoot beer there is a windshield pump on amazon for like $10

If this con didn't have a strict no projectiles rule, my gun would shoot Nerf darts.

especially when they are poorly drilled holes.......the beer box didn't have anything to do w/ that aspect did it?

Actually no. It was the lack of talent.

When I shoved everything in there I guessed where the lenses would land, marked, removed stuff, then drilled.

On was spot on and the other was a quarter inch off.

So I drilled the holes out properly, and given the angle I had to square one side of each so the camera got a full picture.

Sorry if I'm over explaining this, but that was roughly the process.

could always add a few more holes or dents in various sizes and angels of impact to simulate battle conditions......a bit of silver around each hole for chipping and such.

This whole build is hilarious, and I think the phone camera idea is genius!

I think the holes are fine; gives it a mech or robot feel.

After the convention I'm gonna put it up in the for sale section of the forums. Pretty sure I could get someone to trade a full armor set for it. I mean, look at my craftsmanship!!!

could always add a few more holes or dents in various sizes and angels of impact to simulate battle conditions......a bit of silver around each hole for chipping and such.

I have pieces for a belt feed mechanism sitting in the kitchen, I'm just lazy. As far as adding holes, that would be good paint practice, but I really need to start working on my kids grunt costume. I sortof hit a speedbump on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back