thinking about making a suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Steve for the litle hint on buying padding and painting it. I was already planning on the paintball mask with a few slight mods to it. I am a stay at home mom so I have at least 8 hours a day to work on it, which is the ONLY reason I'm willing to give it a shot, and I plan to recruit my son to help. A little creativity never hurt anyone (othr than my husband). I'll give the resin type a try and if it just starts off bad, I'll get some foam and try to carve it and paint it.
If I get it done, I'll post pics. Thanks!

Foam never works, those who tried did alot of body work with bondo to make it look smoother, better to go with pepakura and resin/fiberglassing it.

Since your a stay at home mom, that does make life easier and you "might" be able to pull this off, a member here named macattack finished his armor in 3 weeks, with less than 2 for you and you being stay at home with 8 hours, you could possibly do it. The only reason I thought you couldnt was because I thought you had a job, but it's good to hear you will have the time to make it, be sure to scale the armor correctly or else it will be too big for your son, read the creation discussion and "pepakura and cardboard armor" forums for info, the top threads say 'stickied" those are important to read, read them all, they will help alot.

Just to throw something in here:

I used to work on boats a lot, sailboats mainly.

Go the pepakura-resin-fiberglass method. Resin and fiberglass are MUCH easier to apply than body filler. Really.

I'm starting today...I was thinking about doing the arms and legs 1st so that i can gain some experience in resin and fiber glassing...then i'll do the helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back