Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! Nice job so far, Keep it up!

I have also been working on my helmet in the past, but i simply cant find a place to get a visor... any help?

Lulukai said:
I have also been working on my helmet in the past, but i simply cant find a place to get a visor... any help?

*sigh*

Witness the awesome power of the internet. If you haven't found something, you simply haven't been looking.

I gave it seven minutes of effort and found a few answers you could've found for yourself.

The first two were a couple of quick ones that came up using the search engine at www.405th.com:
Click here
Or Here
There were many many more to choose from and I only tried using the word "visor."

Then here's a handful of the 252,000 readily available hits you find when you enter "gold motorcycle visor" into Google:
Click Here
Or here
OR HERE
OR HERE
OR HERE
OR HERE
OR HERE

You'll also find 142,000 hits for "gold helmet visor," or 187,000 hits for "motorcycle helmet visor."

You can also find them at Amazon.com
Or ebay.com

Best of luck in your own search.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i know ive done it a few time myself bu tthat was a very controled answer i would have had no self controll and gone of on one

lol thor, that reply is 115.5% full of epic win, the "Click Here, or here, or here, or here, or here...ect" was especially funny, your armor is lookin great to, i hope ya get to come home soon, stay safe and stick it to 'em

If u ever get the time, try making either a hayabusa helmet or the katana chest

i still haven't seen anyone do them and i think u will do a great job of them.

keep up the good work. Id buy some armor of u but i don't have the money.

Muso96 said:

:oops:
You've got to be kidding me...
#1: several people have succesfully completed busa helms
#2 katana chest? idk if im just misinformed, but I've never heard of it

Thank you all for your compliments and support. Now let me answer these few questions.

Muso96 said:

I bought someone else's pep hayabusa helm so I can finish it up. I'll be molding it and selling a run of castings sometime this summer. I don't know what a "katana chest" is.

If you look at the costs in time and materials (and assuming you decide your own time is worth about $10/hour), it's actually a heck of a lot cheaper to buy from me than make it yourself. It won't make as big of a mess either.

Sarge079 said:
very well made whattype of bondo do u use

I use the Bondo type. "Bondo" is the brand name for a popular type of automotive body filler composed essentially of talc and polyester resin. Asking what kind of Bondo I'm using is akin to asking what brand of Xerox machine I'm using. They make a few other products as well, but they're famous for their body filler. It's the most commonly available type and you'd actually have to go out of your way to find another type of Bondo. More importantly, what difference does it make?

The Katana chest could be like one with a Katana, or a Hayabusa, or a hayabusa with a katana. anyway, your helmets look great! Wait a sec, are you building Skupilkinson's Haya-helmet (made up a word)?

mc hammer time said:

i said i havent seen anyone do them. I obviously havent checked every thread so i have just missed it.
if u find a good one can u link it.

Also i was saying i think thor should do one. It is my favourite armor and i might actually buy it.

Thor, Its not the price thats the problem, its the fact that i have no money at all. lol

mc hammer time said:

i said i havent seen anyone do them. I obviously havent checked every thread so i have just missed it.
if u find a good one can u link it.

Also i was saying i think thor should do one. It is my favourite armor and i might actually buy it.

Thor, Its not the price thats the problem, its the fact that i have no money at all. lol

Hi thorssoli!!!

Please, can you tell me what kind of material did you use to cast the helmet? It seems to be done like a rotational casting, they seems to be as harder as a rock :p

Good work!!!

Thanks Achille, my first post wasn´t necessary it seems, I was trying to find the info but probably I miss it.

Thanks again, this forum is very good and I enjoy reading a lot.

Regards from Spain!!! :cool:

I really like the work you did here, next helmet i work on I'm going to do my home work on the pep models. the large one of the set had a lot of better detail in it then the one i went for.

I have returned.

I've still got quite a bit of travelling to do before I get back to making progress on this project, but I just wanted to let youse guys know that I've arrived alive in the USofA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back