time crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
so iv been freeking out the last two weeks. Last week i was on vacation and brot my pepakura if i got bord at night. and got half way done with both forarms. and today ill finish them. its been really slow making these forarms. well the reason that iv been freaking out is that I start DeVry next week and was not sure what my schedule is goingt to look like, and with fore weeks to go i dont know wether i can finish in time. iv got all the lower half done and peped and most of it fiberglassed, but iv still got the arms,chest, and the helm to pep. just got back from DeVry today and my schedule looks like it could be possable to get done. i think that the forarms may be a bit to small so im going to see if i can make it work for now till i can remake them but i may have to restart them. the good thing is i can fiberglass a lot in one day, and once its fiberglassed its easy from there. its all the pepakura that is slowing me down.

so I just got done with my shoulders and there too big. reach comes out in 10 days and i dont think that ill get this thing done. I think that this hole thing has been a waist of time. it tuck me all summer to get this fare and now that Im starting college I dont think that Ill have any time to finish it.

I dont know weather I should even try to finish it iv still got the forearms, shoulders, chest, and the helm to pep. I dont even have them peped so i dont think that i can fiberglass, sand and paint them in time.

Woah tripple post!!

But on topic: Armors lookin really good dude!!!!

off topic: Where are you in Ohio? I'm in Dayton!

You could always just keep building it and wear it on Halloween. I plan on winning some costume contests(HOPEFULLY) this year to offset the huge cost I have spent on my suit so far. My borthers buddy just hit some local nightclubs in a transformers getup he made and won $4k that night.

dude that is awesome.

I was thinking of wearing it for halloween though i wish that i could wear it for the launch date. i was going to do some more peping today but i got up late and i had some home work that needed done today. tomorrow i have school all day so I will only have friday till monday witch is a lot of time for this but iv still got a lot to do.

exactly how much do you have pepped? if you almost have it all pepped out, then just spend a day on resin, fiberglassing and rondo, your peps look good and if your resin job is as good you wont have to do much if any sanding to get it to a wearable state, just shoot it with some primer to see if there are any areas that need attention, if not...shoot it with some flat spraypaint but not to thick so you can go back and rework areas for later...again...it looks good so far, don't give up you have got this far!, maybe you could even get Rhinoc to give you an assist? you never know til you ask...keep us posted

Don't make me have a flash back and go all Drill Sergeant on you!!!

well i was trying to find the camera to show you but ill tell you for now. iv got both boots fiberglassed all they need is sanded and a bit of refiberglass. the shins are peped one is fiberglassed the other is resined and needs fiberglassed. both thighs are peped and resined. the hands are fiberglassed and ready for paint. the shoulders are peped. the cod peace is peped and needs fiberglassed but it mite need to be repeped. the forarms need repeped and need to start on the chest helm and assault rifle.

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php
photo.php
59310_487644150920_738665920_7278019_6007306_n.jpg

59264_487643120920_738665920_7278002_3081359_n.jpg

59466_487643240920_738665920_7278008_6099011_n.jpg

dose anyone think that this is a problem should i repep it of can i fix it
59466_487643245920_738665920_7278009_1467061_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
now if im going to some how do all this, this weekend some things i need is the straps and know how to put them in, a motorcycle visor, gloves, padding for all the armor, and most of all help

Last edited by a moderator:
may i say thet your peping skills are amazing, and you even did all of the Hig res ones!

For the cod you might wanna redo it but add supports like on the bottom with foam board and foam boards for all other supports

yah what happened with the cod peace is that i ran out of resin when I went to resin all the peaces at the time so I left it out side with them to dry over night. I had supports on it but the dew must have weakened it a lot and the supports did nothing to help at that point.

Let me give some advice. Dont just leave stuff out to dry out in the open. my brothers odst build (half a body of work) POOF a rain storm cam and his bins caps were open. 12 hours of work and $50 down the drain. I suggest those big blue rectangular bins with slip on caps. work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back