Timecon's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigBlackCorey said:
that is just beatuiful. i can't believe how awesome this stuff get get.

KIU, this is great stuff

Thanks Corey!

Last edited by a moderator:
timecon said:
c7325217.jpg

SUC30120.jpg

It's time to blow this thing wide open. Way back before Christmas I was after a new chest piece to update my armor. I had been following Tims work and was really impressed and also noticed that he was wanting to make some molds of his armor to kit out a few of his friends ect.
So I offered to help. When I say help what I mean is essentially I sent him some cash and he proceeded to work flat out for several months making helmet and chest molds so I did nothing really.
And what can I say, the result is excellent. Thanks so much Tim, it was great working with you and I'm so happy with my chest piece, just awesome.
I recommend Tims stuff highly to anyone.

RedTogusa said:
SUC30120.jpg

It's time to blow this thing wide open. Way back before Christmas I was after a new chest piece to update my armor. I had been following Tims work and was really impressed and also noticed that he was wanting to make some molds of his armor to kit out a few of his friends ect.
So I offered to help. When I say help what I mean is essentially I sent him some cash and he proceeded to work flat out for several months making helmet and chest molds so I did nothing really.
And what can I say, the result is excellent. Thanks so much Tim, it was great working with you and I'm so happy with my chest piece, just awesome.
I recommend Tims stuff highly to anyone.

LOL that is awsome, thanks so much I absolutly love the pic I busted out as soon as I saw it.

rvb18 said:
heh some how reminds me of docbyte's suit progress

Hmm, now that you mentioned it, it does remind me of Doc's armor hehe :D

Nyway, so far so good Timecon, we all know how this will turn out to be any way... pure awesomeness hehe :D

rvb18 said:
heh some how reminds me of docbyte's suit progress

Well I wouldn't be surprised since his stuff is awsome and I followed his work

ok here is more progress on my suit (the shin mold) been working on it a few weeks now and finally got another gallon of plasti paste to work on this today. I'll be finishing up the other side later tonight or tomorrow after this first half has dried, also in case anyone asks the clay is air dry clay from walmart in the school supply area.

edit: sorry i just relized this pics are a little blurry

b63d3f93.jpg

c310c8ba.jpg

aee9c7aa.jpg

once this is complete I'll be using the flexit foam to make the shins as I would like to move around better. but as I need some for the parade i'm in on the 6th next week I'll be making a smoothcast version to tide me over then I probably put those up on the classifieds

timecon said:
ok here is more progress on my suit (the shin mold) been working on it a few weeks now and finally got another gallon of plasti paste to work on this today. I'll be finishing up the other side later tonight or tomorrow after this first half has dried, also in case anyone asks the clay is air dry clay from walmart in the school supply area.

once this is complete I'll be using the flexit foam to make the shins as I would like to move around better. but as I need some for the parade i'm in on the 6th next week I'll be making a smoothcast version to tide me over then I probably put those up on the classifieds

Looks Great! I feel like an idiot but it never occured to me to just use little pieces of PVC for the key forms - nice trick... And yes - I think you should put the smootcast ones in the classifieds (or just send them to me for "evaluation") :lol:

Its looking great Tim! When the time is right i would love to own a pair!

The Suport shell is looking nice, but aren't you forgetting the suport keys? I can't really tell in the photo's.

falcon NL said:
Its looking great Tim! When the time is right i would love to own a pair!

The Suport shell is looking nice, but aren't you forgetting the suport keys? I can't really tell in the photo's.

lol there all over the place there is one down the center then I used teflon tape holders similair to pvc to make a punch of circle keys all over it. I've seen a few other people use this method so I thought I'd try it.

lol, I wasnt talking about the keys ON the mold :p Those look great! I was talking about the keys in the Plasti past mold, or do you just drill a hole and put a screw though it? Normally i do both.

falcon NL said:
lol, I wasnt talking about the keys ON the mold :p Those look great! I was talking about the keys in the Plasti past mold, or do you just drill a hole and put a screw though it? Normally i do both.

oh ok yeah I'll do that before I start the second half

timecon said:

edit: sorry i just relized this pics are a little blurry

b63d3f93.jpg

c310c8ba.jpg

aee9c7aa.jpg

Yah, I saw you talking about this on Youtube! Good Job so far!

Hey Tim, Ive noticed recently that when you reinforce your armor, it is usually black. Is it the Resin, the fiberglass, or do you use something different? Anyways, good job on your armor. Peace out.

timecon said:
Dude you need to bring over some resin and Id be glad to let you use my molds, we got to get this Utah group started

If you want to start a utah group, THEN COUNT ME IN!!!!

thought Id throw something up, here is das brutus's chest in the works I like to call this the grunt cheif... ok yeah that was cheesy
564f0904.jpg

DogWizard said:
Wow! Awesome on so many levels... :not worthy:

but nothing compared to your hammer :not worthy: back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back