Timecon's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
LastSpartan said:
Looks good from the small pictures.

Put some baby powder in the mold, just a little. It helps ;)
what does the powder do?

Last edited by a moderator:
spartan8675309 said:
umm y is my posts in a list and not like the main one?

Go to the top of the page and click where it says options, then under Display Modes click on Standard. It sometimes switches to the Outline setting randomly.

UNIT-SPARTAN#007 said:
i like the chest peice the best lolz

well thats the next piece I hope to make a mold out of

This is awesome! Just finished reading the whole thread and I'm impressed. If you are going to help out with shopping for a sewing machine I've had good experiences with Pfaff. My father and I do boat canvas, so sadly the two men of the house are the ones who can sew! :lol:

sweet job. it looks amazing. can't wait to see it finished!

i'm interested about the baby powder thing. how does it not disrupt detail?

working on my chest mold this week about 50% done also painted one of my helmet cast and put in all the goodies
here is a pic

cb8391f9.jpg

Looking nice there... Just curious though. Is it going to be difficult (I'm thinking it will) to mold the chest and back pieces? How are you going to do it?

ok I got my my front chest mold complete and have made a few copies thought Id share some pics, sadly I wont get the back done to were the costume to halo release and the origonal back piece made of bondo is currently preped for making a mold. the purple looking one was the first attempt and I hade to use some fiberglass jelly and some cloth on the back due to some thin areas but I learned my lesson and improved the second one and its a great thickness all around and a good grey color, that tint goes a long ways if your going to use it only a few drops is all it takes. anyways enjoy!

655b6657.jpg

c7325217.jpg

047f0116.jpg

de8dfbd5.jpg

let me be the first to say , nice rack ....looks like they came out really good!!!! and "trial by fire" is the best way to figure out how to do somthing , bravo

Humboldt_spartan said:
let me be the first to say , nice rack ....looks like they came out really good!!!! and "trial by fire" is the best way to figure out how to do somthing , bravo
I agree there! I cant tell you how many pep files Ive built in the last year and all the fiberglass and bondo I wasted not to mention the thousands of hours doing this. but I cant wait to have a smooth cast set of lite armor and if anyone see's anything they like I'd be glad to make something PM me for a price I do need it to help with the rest of the armor these supply are not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back