TKMI07's Noble Six Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKMI07

Started pepping the noble six reach helmet by rundown if i'm correct.
Almost done pepping it

dsc0097uj.jpg

dsc0096bh.jpg

Will finish pepping tomorrow and start hardening it, and maybe do some small work on my other build.
Update coming soon :D

dsc0098me.jpg

Finished pepping and resined the top of the helmet.

I think I will be using rondo with fiberglass on the inside to strengthen it.
Thinking about building the other armor parts out of foam

Minor Update

Got the entire helmet resined now, will start strengthening it tomorrow

dsc0101ik.jpg

Front

dsc0102f.jpg

Back

No warping as far as I can see for now, hope it stays that way :p

Nice work on the resin, good idea doing it in parts, helps it to retain it shape, when you cover it all at once it wont have any support and can warp easily. Hope to see more soon.

I got the idea when I was watching Ben Streeper's video's and so I tried it.

Did rondo on most of the inside of the helmet now, but I probably messed up the amount of hardener, because it's drying really slow. Will have to see what happens tomorrow

looks great man, when i resin i try to do the whole helmet at once because i don't have time to do another session of resin, and now i don't even resin anymore cause i don't have the time but for some reason still have time to play xbox xD, like once i stop after a session of resin i'm not allowed to go back out to the garage and finish more, like i have a noble 6 helmet and i have had it for a while but i can never go resin it, i started the helmet before reach came out and still haven't even put a drop of resin on it =(
ok sorry your build =P it looks great and keep up the fantastic work, i really like the pep part, you peped it really clean =D good luck

finished rondoing the inside and put fiberglass in it as well and it's as hard as a rock right now.

dsc0108yr.jpg

Rondo on the inside

dsc0109l.jpg

Painted some of the excess rondo on the outside of the helmet in a thin coat, but that will give me a huge sanding job, so I'm already hitting myself over the head for doing that :p

is that an ironman bicep i spy in post 3? ;D lol. but the helmet looks great. plus building parts out of foam will benefit GREATLY. its a lot easier and faster than pepakura.

is that an ironman bicep i spy in post 3? ;D lol. but the helmet looks great. plus building parts out of foam will benefit GREATLY. its a lot easier and faster than pepakura.

yes it is, I resined that and an IM shoulder at the same time as this helmet.
will be buying some foam soon to try my hand at building parts from it.

picture time!

dsc0110x.jpg

dsc0111st.jpg

Test fitting it and it looks huge :O, the top doesn't seem to be completely symmetrical. will try to fix that, otherwise it's though luck :p

dsc0112ne.jpg

dsc0113bh.jpg

Done a lot of sanding and detailing, I also accidentally sanded some small holes into the helmet, will have to fix that

dsc0114ja.jpg

dsc0116sx.jpg

Primered the thing to see where I needed to sand or bondo
In the first picture it looks smoother than it actually is :p

That's it for now ;)

thanks

been sanding it down in the area's that needed it and been filling other area's, will show pictures when I've got it smooth :)

Keep it up, TKMI07!

It might be a camera-angle issue but the helmet looks to tilt one way when it's sitting on a level surface. If you wanted to you could layer on some bondo and sand it down flat at the two areas that touch a surface when the helmet is set down (just under the chin and at the bottom back of the neck opening) to help level the helmet out.

Your helmet is looking good! I ended up brushing rondo on the outside of my UNSC Trooper helmet to get rid of the pep lines and I was happy with the way it turned out.

haven't done much to the helmet lately because off all the extra hours I'm working due to half of my colleague's being on vacation. Also, been spending a lot of time redecorating my bedroom.

I HAVE been searching for foam for the rest of the armor, but am having a very hard time finding it. I live in the Netherlands, so no Harbor Freight or Walmart to go to. Anyone have any specific brand names I could look for? Thanks ;)

Hey man, The Helm is looking awesome.

I just started my 1st build the other day and i'm in the process of hot gluing it together. i happen to be doing the same helm that you are. but

do you have any tips or hints on how to get the smaller piece folded and glued together. i have fat fingers and im finding it hard to get some of the little pieces to come together right. my plan was to do the best that i can and fix it later with the bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back