Tks Mk 6 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

thingking2

alright guys who are a bit smaller

im 5 10 and 135 lbs im not that tall but im rather lanky

im doing the mk 6 mc117 pepakura builds all high def thanks to whoever made them they are great

i have finally finished one piece with fiber glass heres the up to date photos lemme know what you guys think im willing to take criticism cuz i believe it always helps

left bicep

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

i just finished this one with fiberglass i still have to FBG the outside so it can be sanded down cuz for now the paper is still very visible

lemme know what you think

this suit will be done hopefully before haloween so keep me on track fellas

Well you probably don't want to put fiberglass on the outside. Try putting a light coat of primer on it and seeing how it looks. If you need to sand areas down you can see where to sand easier and if you want to build areas up use a small bit of bondo auto body filler.

I had some problems with the edges of my suit not being as strong. Make sure you get an extra layer or two along the perimeter of the piece or else you can get some odd rips and tears as you are doing the later phases. Still, the arm looks good. You should have a great costume by the time you finish.

Great pep work for your first time!

But id recommend you coat the outside in just the resin first then do an inner coat of fiberglass so it doesnt warp. then use some Bondo on the outside (thin coats) and sand that down. Bondo is much easier to sand than fiberglass and much easier to control too.

Thanks for the compliments and advice fellas really appreciate it I'm going to throw some resin on the outside prob next week I ran out of hardener lol from past projects I just didn't have the heart to finish

hey guys almost done with peping the chest piece i downscaled it 10 % from squirrels hd chest its turning out greatr but i would have to tell you guys dont scale it to small lol pieces get really hard to fold lol

heres a few pics

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

im really looking forward to resining and fiberglassing this piece i will be doing that tonight after work you can prob see alot of the holes still there such as the back details as well as some of the vents im going to be putting vents in but the back spine detail i plan on doing out of bondo we shall see how that works lemme know what you guys think

yay for resin

fellas i gotta tell you smaller is def harder lol but i think its turning out good im using the method that MR.GRUMBO uses to pour his molds the slosh it around method lol the chest is now done being resined what do you think

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

once again criticism is welcome

thingking2 said:
alright guys who are a bit smaller

im 5 10 and 135 lbs im not that tall but im rather lanky

im doing the mk 6 mc117 pepakura builds all high def thanks to whoever made them they are great

i have finally finished one piece with fiber glass heres the up to date photos lemme know what you guys think im willing to take criticism cuz i believe it always helps

left bicep

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

i just finished this one with fiberglass i still have to FBG the outside so it can be sanded down cuz for now the paper is still very visible

this suit will be done hopefully before haloween so keep me on track fellas

nice progress so far but i dont recommend fiberglassing the outside because what you do is only resin the outside so you use less bondo so then again its is easier for you to detail it if thats what your doing but nice stuff so far keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ThingKing, how come you left out the pieces which go in all those holes on your chest piece? It looks like your getting a fair bit of warpage because of it, maybe you could glue in some cardboard or something temporarily to help reduce all the warping.

Dancin_Fool said:
Hey ThingKing, how come you left out the pieces which go in all those holes on your chest piece? It looks like your getting a fair bit of warpage because of it, maybe you could glue in some cardboard or something temporarily to help reduce all the warping.

Hey thanks for the advice guys the reason I left out most of the holes because since I'm a smaller guy the details can't be read number wise as well as they are so small that the pieces don't fold right so I'm going to add them later as for the cardboard I'm gonna put those in assupport tonight good thinking it only sagging in one spot which u can see and it started that before I trained dunno y to yell the truth I think it's from where I live it's kinda humid and the temp keep goin to really hot to cold at night

Thanks for the support keep the comments comin

Dancin_Fool said:

hey Dancin th ecardboard helped tremendously im actually going to use the cardb oard for the details by layering and cutting heres a few pics of the progress of the chest resined as well

me and a buddy are actually making an all day affair out of this tomorow that means resin fiberglass and bondo so we should have atleast the chest and both shoulders done by tomorrow we may have some painted heres the pics

btw dont drink and fiberglass

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

great work! especially because this is a fist time! what color are you going to go? multiplayer or MC? oh and btw do your helmet last :)

beni5o said:
great work! especially because this is a fist time! what color are you going to go? multiplayer or MC? oh and btw do your helmet last :)

im thinking about doing a relay for life color ive had family die of cancer and its kind of my way to give back to them and other families thhe colors ill most likely use pink yellow and purple since those are the main colors for the cancer groups im going to be a walking billboard for that sort of thing hopefully get some money for the cause

hey guys i know you will all prob hate me for this one but i decided to use bondo glass instead of fiberglass and resin it was just alot easier for me to use its a bit heavier than expected but i dont really mind i know itll be able to be abused lol im gonna have alot of people wear this thing lemme know what you think im going to walmart now to buy regular bondo for the outside but the inside is going to be with fiberbondo like i said bit heavy but o well i may make molds so i can make smaller pieces but i dunno its all good lemme know what you guys think of the progress

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back