Too Many Stickies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockets

Jr Member
Has anyone else noticed that almost the entire first page of the pep forum, and the creation forum, and the molding forum are STICKIES?

maybe we should have a special section dedicated to stickied threads? one for tutorials, one for pep file links? something like that, its getting kind of out of control

I disagree, there arent too many stickies. I think we dont have enough, there are still many aspects of armor making that arent covered in the stickies.

But i do agree that they could be a little more organized, not one central location, but re-written compressed, and improved on.

DreadMullet said:
I disagree, there arent too many stickies. I think we dont have enough, there are still many aspects of armor making that arent covered in the stickies.

The stickies are there for guidance, not to be some enormous tutorial. I think it should all be compressed, with all of the obvious, "use your common sense" areas removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right there is a ton of stickies. Sadly most of the noobs tend to not read them. Organizing them may help, but I think it's fine.

In all seriousness, I think that the major stickies should be put in a child board. That way, we don't have to fuss with all of the stickies at the top of the first page.

- Adulese

idk he might be on to something what if all the stickies were in one place and when you joined thats all you had access to for two weeks, and couldnt post for a week after that. i think after all that time people might not ask so many stupid questions and work on armour for a change.

box o crayons said:
idk he might be on to something what if all the stickies were in one place and when you joined thats all you had access to for two weeks, and couldnt post for a week after that. i think after all that time people might not ask so many stupid questions and work on armour for a change.

Or after 3 weeks of not being able to do anything they might just give up and go elsewhere. But as a "Noob" myself I do agree the stickies are too much. I've read them all, sometimes more than once but now I'm just trying to get on and finding them thrust in your face each time does kind of get annoying. I would say they need both work to compress as some seem to say the same things but in different ways, and they could also benefit from their own area in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that there are maybe too many stickies, if my opinion counts, seeing as I'm still a bit of a noob. Perhaps we could go with something like a member of staff on here makes a tutorial vid each, for example adam shows how to resin and glass properly, someone else shows how to bondo properly, someone else shows how to scale things, all in videos.

You could have one for each step into completing armour pieces, and have them in the order on the board that they need to be done in?

1.Where to find files, and how to scale and print them (with a list of what you'll need and where to get it)

2.The best way to cut out and build them (again, with a list of what you will need)

3.How to resin/glass your piece, and what you will need before you start

4.How to bondo and sand properly and what tools you'll need

5.The best way to paint your pieces depending on what you used to solidify them, and what sort of paints you will need

6.The best way to finish your piece, such as a clear coat of varnish to protect the paint work, or battle damage (optional)

Any NEW ideas, for example the revolutionary mud-glassing, could be sent to a staff member before a topic is posted on it, and cleared by staff to be released as an ALTERNATIVE step sticky?

Perhaps having a new forum dedicated to learning WOULD be a good idea, but dont make it the only thing noobs can see for a while, or it'll drive them away.

Thats my input.

yeh i disagree there arent enough stickies becuase MOST OF THE NOOBS JUST IGNORE THEM AND CREATE POINTLESS THREADS!!! but the stickies are great for when you need help for example on how to mold pep and other cool things on here

(edit* 300 POSTS!! WOOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back