Tracker Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may suggest, you could maybe use tight mesh (as in a fencing mask) to do the part around the visor and see a little better

For me, when I am done with all of my other projects (my wife would KILL me if I started yet another without finishing the ones I currently have!!!), I plan on building this one and using two dummy video camera lenses, and one active one which will be hooked up to a 1" color LCD display. I already have all the electronic hardware, and the coolest part will be that it will be able to zoom WAY in... I will just have to remember to zoom back out before attempting to walk! The other downside is that I will have zero depth perception this way, but I am sure I can live with that!

great idea EVAkura. i personally will take a simpler route. also, to everyone... keep in mind that after im done with the pepping, i'll tweak the pep file a bit more and then i will release the file (with Ted's permission, of course.)

The pressure is kinda on me atm, in terms of handing it in tomorrow (WITH TEXTURE) for my animation project. Both of which is my first time attempting. Maybe its just me being a noob at Blender and 3D modelling itself but this is SO frustrating lol. As far as I can tell a lot of the vertices aren't properly symmetrical, and there are probably other stuff that need fixing and I have no idea how to- so thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to pm the file to anyone willing to make it pep-ready right after I hand it in for school :) I'm not really worried about it being perfect as my project but I am bothered by the fact that if it does happen to be pepped by someone that it won't be accurate. I plan to build it too and i'm a perfectionist so maybe that's why hahaha.

Anyway, thanks everyone! Here's a small update:
ScreenShot2014-01-31at24829AM_zps8d021df7.png
[/QUOTE]

I usually split the model in half front to back, in your menu on the right select the wrench icon (really small) and select mirror. rotate your model until it lines up(if needed), I normally do the following hit a(to select all vertices, face or lines depends) then r, followed by z, then numbers 9,0 until it lines up, hit g(while all faces are selected) and x or y as needed and move it along the axis that brings the model together. test to see if they line up, click on your menu on the right and select clipping from the mirror options. just make sure your model is aligned with an axis, I normally use y for front to back, x for left to right and z for up and down( my preference only) I normally do this at the end after I am done getting the details in. hope this helps If you knew this just ignore it.

and great job on your model.

Attachments

• ScreenShot2014-01-31at24829AM_zps8d021df7.png
    ScreenShot2014-01-31at24829AM_zps8d021df7.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 179
finished pepping the helmet. just waiting on ted to give me the o.k on releasing the file :)
O.K.! :) Show us btw!!!

*snip* ...great job on your model.
Thank you Crimmson! :)

For me, when I am done with all of my other projects (my wife would KILL me if I started yet another without finishing the ones I currently have!!!), I plan on building this one and using two dummy video camera lenses, and one active one which will be hooked up to a 1" color LCD display. I already have all the electronic hardware, and the coolest part will be that it will be able to zoom WAY in... I will just have to remember to zoom back out before attempting to walk! The other downside is that I will have zero depth perception this way, but I am sure I can live with that!
It'll be our little secret, we won't tell her hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back