Trading On The Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

macktheknife

I was just wondering, what is the general feeling for non-traditional trading on the forums, I.E. a game system for a helm? Just wanted to know what the feelings were on that before I was to approach anybody.

That's something you can do once you've reached veteran status and can access the classifieds section.

JSwift said:
That's something you can do once you've reached veteran status and can access the classifieds section.

Ahh gotcha. Didn't realize there was a classifieds section. :eek

BenStreeper said:
it's been done before, Depends on what you are wanting

Thats good to hear. Thanks everyone :)

EDIT TO SPARTAN-343:

Spartan-343 said:
What were you wanting to trade?

I have loads of stuff. LCD Monitors, Never used PSP, Modded XBOX systems, Halo Edition Xbox, PS3, Custom computers. I can also customize any of your computer/consoles in any way imaginable.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Modded or customized items are against the law to sell for a profit.

Um, short answer. No.

Don't believe everything in the media. This guy MUST have been either selling pirated games or using proprietary code to flash firmwares on 360 drives. I suggest you do some DMCA research before making claims like that.

I stand corrected, he was flashing firmware on various consoles. I fail

Then as long as you can get people to trust you, I'm sure that'd work. Still, people here get massively butthurt for no apparent reason when you offer up modded stuff (speaking from experience), so good luck getting anyone to trade with you.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I stand corrected, he was flashing firmware on various consoles. I fail

Then as long as you can get people to trust you, I'm sure that'd work. Still, people here get massively butthurt for no apparent reason when you offer up modded stuff (speaking from experience), so good luck getting anyone to trade with you.

Yea I don't see it as being too successful. The problem is most people's experience with modded consoles is getting cheated against on Halo 2, IE, a negative one. People don't seem to understand how awesome even the original Xbox can be when its modded to output in HD and has all of your movies stored on it. Too bad, eh?

macktheknife said:
Yea I don't see it as being too successful. The problem is most people's experience with modded consoles is getting cheated against on Halo 2, IE, a negative one. People don't seem to understand how awesome even the original Xbox can be when its modded to output in HD and has all of your movies stored on it. Too bad, eh?

Yep. I miss Halo 2 modding. Plus, you could do so much with the Xbox 1 that it was hardly an Xbox anymore...

Oh well, that's off topic. On topic: As long as the trades are with trusted members of the site (not the noob with less than 10 posts), you should be alright.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Yep. I miss Halo 2 modding. Plus, you could do so much with the Xbox 1 that it was hardly an Xbox anymore...

Oh well, that's off topic. On topic: As long as the trades are with trusted members of the site (not the noob with less than 10 posts), you should be alright.

Which unfortunately is a category that I myself fall under. Guess I'll have to send my end first :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back