Trying To Make My First Set Of Mark Vl Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I've done a little more, the boot I was working on I had to trash because of water damage. So I've been working on a new boot & also my AR some. I've also got a new pet which somemore of my time goes to :)(he's a pomchi). I think thats all I have for now. The AR with a 9 or 10 year old paintball barrel cut to size & a rubber fitting to hold it in
S6300050.jpg
& a pic of my new pomchi
S6300061.jpg

Ok so I'm done with the new right boot I was working on, so I guess I'll start working on the right forearm next. Right boot
rightboot.jpg
rightboot2.jpg

Ok well I've done my thigh all thats left is to cut it into two peaces & add on to it a little. Also I'm about done with the left forearm as well, I just have to hold myself back from doing anymore of my ODST suit so I can finsh my Mark VI. O & I'm saving the chest plate for last in my build. So heres the thigh
leftthigh.jpg
leftthigh2.jpg
leftthigh3.jpg
My peaces to add on to the thigh
leftthighaddons.jpg
Now a pic of what I've done so far before I finshed the thigh
ArmorSuit.jpg

I'm a little confused about the extra pieces for the thigh...are you adding extra pieces the same shape as the ones next to them in, or are they slightly wider pieces that are replacing?

Ok what I'm doing with the thigh, its the right size from top to bottom but it needs to be wider to fit my thigh in it because I have some big thighs :D.

This is a very great build!

I'm still working on my 2nd MKVI

and hopefully I can complete the HD files

like you have!

Lol thanks, this is my first ever suit & I started out with the HD because well I would feel like if I started with the LD models I would finsh it then hate it then trash it lol. I've also fixed my shoulder today & some more of my ODST pep stuff. . .(I can't stop working on it lol its so addicting) Umm. . . lets see the forearm still isn't done. . . & I still need to make my thigh a little wider. I only want to make one shin & one hand plate then make molds of them & maybe if I have the money also mold the boot toe as well. Like I said I would like to have my suit done before megacon in March, the only thing is that I wont have battle damage or weathering done to my suit. I know if I did all that to the suit I wont like it, so just putting it out there maybe when anyone from the forms goes to megacon when it comes around maybe someone can help me out with it. Other then that I should have a nice start with many pics on my next armor w.i.p. :D.

Ok so I got some more work done. Tell me what you think so far(I love comments :lol ). Left forearm
leftforearm.jpg
leftforearm2.jpg
Right forearm so far
rightforearm.jpg
Now the thigh plate almost resized wider
leftthigh4.jpg

Forearms look good. You're making good progress. Just remember to take you time and don't rush. You will be happier with the final product.

O I know not to rush, I have untill march to have my suit done with for megacon. Umm other then that I'm going to make another shin & handplate instead of molding. The right forearm is about 65% done & my new shin is about 50% done, so more pics to come soon. Other then that hope everyone has a great day of building armor & hope to see some of you at megacon.

wow, really looking good, dude! any more updates on the AR? I'd like to know the scale of it in relation to the armor

The AR is done(it's a BuzzBee Toy gun), its two foot long(so 24inches) no sounds but I left all the L.E.Ds in it so it still lights up so the pic is posted already & heres some dark pics to show you how the L.E.Ds work which I think looks pretty good. Also I'm 5'6 so my armor is sized to look 5'8. The L.E.D in the Barrel
gun12.jpg
Side L.E.Ds
gun13.jpg

A toy gun in essentially the same shape and relative scale as an AR? very good find my friend! are you going to try an amo counter effect?

you can get the BuzzBee Toy's gun from K-Mart for $5 - $10 or ToysRUs for like $12 - $15. A more life sized AR would be from 32inches to 36inchs(so 82cm's to 92cm's) I'm going to make the pep model AR later on which I'll use a ammo counter with lights & sounds.

Ok so I haven't been working much on my armor in the past few days. So I thought it was time for a little update. . . The right handplate(I think I'm getting the hang of making them)
righthandplate.jpg
Both handplates
bothhandplates.jpg
My right forearm so far
rightforearm2.jpg
Right shin so far
rightshin.jpg
& some 2mm foam on the helment
helment6.jpg
helment7.jpg
helment8.jpg

Ya I know another triple post. . . O well update, I haven't been working on my suit for a few weeks now so I thought I'd show you guys & girls what I've been up to in the past two days. I've been working on the chest(I know I said I'd leave it for last but I couldn't help it) Front
chestplate2.jpg
Back
chestplateback2.jpg
I've resioned the handplates
handplatesbothresioned.jpg
resioned the left shin plate
leftshinresioned.jpg
leftshinresioned2.jpg
resioned the left & right shoulders
leftshoulderresioned.jpg
leftshoulderresioned2.jpg
rightshoulderresioned.jpg
rightshoulderresioned2.jpg
& I even did up a little memory card that I'll be able to put in & take out of my helment
memorycard2.jpg
Thats it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back